The last month, I’ve really been on a mission to make our outdoor living area a place the kids want to hang out in with their friends and a quiet place I can sit with my husband. You know what I’m talking about… one of those nights where you escape the chaos with a glass of wine and sit under the twinkling patio lights in the gazebo. Yeah. That.
Last month, I told you we’ve been battling the awful weeds in the yard and I really wanted to get down and dirty to get rid of them. Then there’s the garden. We LOVE walking outside to pick fresh herbs and vegetables for Summertime meals and NOW is the time we’re finally seeing our efforts come into bloom… literally.
I like BIG veggies and I cannot lie!
No this is legit serious. Our garden this year has been cared for and prayed over more than ever. When we planted our family garden, there were a few reasons behind it:
1. It’s a great way to spend time together as a family. The kids got involved and each had a job.
2. There’s something beautiful about growing your own food from the ground up.
3. It’s a family tradition. We bought this house from my in-laws and they had a garden in the same place.
4. Summertime we LOVE grilling out with fresh veggies.
5. Healthy living is important to me as a Mom. With fresh herbs and vegetables at our fingertips, it’s easy to eat healthy with grilled vegetables or fresh salads.
A place to relax
The Texas sunsets are breathtaking. On the weekends my husband and I LOVE sitting under our shaded gazebo with a glass of wine or sweet tea. The kids gather their neighborhood friends for a game of backyard football. All of this brings sweet joy to my heart, but it takes work to get a yard perfect for play. The kids job is to pick up sticks or branches that may have fallen off our HUGE tree and my job is to keep the weeds at bay. Oh those weeds. They literally kill my vibe. Do you know how to feed your lawn? Consider using Scotts Green Max Lawn Food. It will result in a deeper green color for your lawn and cover some of the little dull, yellowish patches in the grass. Click here for tips on how to feed a lawn.
Summertime will be here in the blink of an eye. The kids and I are already on “cruise control” getting to bed later and later each night and planning ways to have fun this Summer. The work we put into our yard is a direct reflection of how much we love our family time. I take pride in keeping our yard looking great and it gives me great satisfaction when my kids pick veggies from our garden.
BRING ON THE SUMMER! How are you getting your home ready for Summer? Use #MiJardinalidad on Twitter and tell me!
Remember to always read and follow label directions for the referenced products.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Scotts . The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016