When I was a child, I remember watching mi abuelita water her plants. My grandparents lived across the street from us and I used to sit on the front porch swing and watch my grandmother water each and every plant in her very large yard. Sometimes she’d look up and smile at me. Sometimes she would wave me over to help her. I remember thinking “Why doesn’t she just use a sprinkler?” You see. My grandmother didn’t just maintain her yard. She spent countless hours in her yard. She loved it. She cared for it. It was an extension of her home and her heart.
She had rows of shrubs, roses, and fruit trees. I think of her and that yard often, mostly around Springtime… mostly when I’m working in my front flower bed or backyard garden. Now that I’m a mom, I understand the impact such a yard can make on my family and how it can etch lasting memories into my children’s hearts.
Our front yard is the first impression to visitors. I want it to say “Welcome.” But I also want it say, “We’re a family of simplicity.” I would describe my front flower bed as “happy” and “simple.” It rests on the side of the yard giving us the entire front yard to play with friends.
We’ve also been super busy prepping our yard for Springtime. We told you about our family garden right? Well, my garden babies are growing so fast. Check it out!
I’ve been using SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO Shake and Feed on our family garden and the results have been AMAZING.
3 things I want to improve and how I plan to do it:
While I’m loving our yard and the Springtime growth, there are three things that are REALLY bugging me (pun intended).
2. Weeds: The weeds are seriously out of control. They pop up within days of mowing and anytime there is a big rainfall. Next on my list? SCOTTS Turf Builder Southern. I hear it’s made specifically for our lawns in the South. The Texas heat is BRUTAL and this should protect my lawn against heat and drought. It’s also kid and pet-friendly which is VERY important to us. Can you see the weeds in my yard? My brain can’t even.
3. Herbs: I have none! We planted a veggie garden, but we haven’t planted the herb garden I’ve been dreaming of. So, I want to take care of that STAT! There’s nothing like picking fresh cilantro for pico de gallo, right?
All the products I mentioned can be found at Walmart if you’re interested in trying them and you can learn more tips and tricks at Mijardinalidad.com. I’ll give you an update on how my outdoor projects are going in the coming weeks. Thanks to SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO I’ve got a little help to get my potted herb garden started with a gardening starter package.
You can win one too! I’m giving two(2) lucky readers the chance to win one(1) Miracle-Gro starter kit that includes:
– A variety of SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO herb pods to plant
– One(1) pair of SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO stainless steel floral cutters
– SCOTTS wet/dry grip gloves perfect for mowing or fertilizing
Enter the giveaway below through the Rafflecopter form. Contest begins today April 28 – May 6 12:00 a.m. CST.
Remember to always read and follow label directions for the referenced products.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Scott’s . The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016