With the Easter season upon us, families everywhere are looking for the perfect Easter gift to give their little ones. My children are a bit older. Let’s just say my oldest is competing in a 7th grade track meet this afternoon and it is STILL mindblowing to me that my sweet little angel has transformed into the this handsome faith-driven teenager.
It takes me to those times my children were younger and I was teaching them about Jesus Christ. How does a mom and dad build faith in a child when it’s so difficult for them to see, engage, and trust in something they cannot see? I mean, it’s the very definition of the word ‘faith’… trusting in something you cannot see. I think that’s why I loved the idea behind the Jesus Sees Us Doll
I was introduced to the Jesus Sees Us Doll a few weeks ago and I was a bit skeptical of it for one reason and one reason alone… we do not know, specifically, what Jesus looked like. So, I asked my kids this question BEFORE showing them the doll, “Kids, what do you think of a Jesus doll? A doll that looks like Jesus that children can carry around with them?”
Rudy, Age 8: “I don’t play with dolls. I play with action figures. Jesus is like an action figure anyway. He’s strong. He fights the bad guys. He’s the ultimate hero. I don’t think he should be a doll, Mom. If they were going to make Him into anything it would be an action figure. Oooooh, maybe it can go with The Action Bible!
Abby, Age 11 (She’s my old soul): “I’m not sure Mom. We don’t know EXACTLY what Jesus looked like. How can we portray His image in a doll? It seems like it might diminish the name of Jesus Christ in my opinion.”
Zach, age 12 (almost 13): “I don’t know. Think about it. Little kids carry around dolls and stuffed animals all the time, right Abby? Remember, that pig you carried around all the time? *laughs* You wouldn’t go anywhere without it. He ate dinner with us. He traveled with us. He slept with you in your bed. He went to the playground with you. You felt safe with him. He was your best friend. Why can’t Jesus be the same way to a little kid? I don’t see anything wrong with it.”
In fact, the Jesus See Us Doll was created by two Moms who had the same realization as Zach. Maureen and Kelly, the two creators of the doll say this about how the idea came to be:
Our husbands have been friends for years and our families often vacation together. One such trip, we began discussing our challenge in finding tools to assist us in teaching our very young children about Jesus on their level. They didn’t have the attention span for verbal lessons or books alone and the animated and visual options felt like they came up short when communicating the true message of Christ’s presence in our lives.
We saw the connection they already had to their favorite stuffed animals and security blankets, and we knew they were capable of faith because of their belief in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. It suddenly became obvious to us that if we replaced those items with the face, love and comfort of Jesus, our children could live with the presence of Jesus in their lives instead of just being taught about it.
What we love about the Jesus Sees Us Doll:
1. Jesus Sees Us was created by two mothers of preschool-ages children looking for an engaging and relatable way to introduce Jesus and their Faith to their children. These are moms just like me who really, truly, want to teach the love of Jesus Christ to their children and now their helping other families do the same with this doll.
2. Includes a soft body Doll with a hard molded head and a hard covered Lesson Book. This is the perfect size for little ones to carry in their arms and the lesson books pairs perfectly with the doll.
3. Appropriate for children ages 2-6. This doll helps engage young children about the comfort Jesus Christ can bring them. It’s a great Easter gift or teaching tool.
4. The Doll has a warm and loving face and inviting, open arms that mirror the image of the illustrations in the Lesson Book. He really does look like the sweetest Jesus. Kids will be pulled towards His friendly face and, in turn, want to know more about Him.
5. Lesson Book includes illustrated Biblical stories of Jesus with Scripture reference and correlating lesson on how we can model our behavior like Jesus today.
6. It’s a wonderful tool to help your child foster a personal relationship with Jesus at a very young age that will last a lifetime.
You can purchase the Jesus Sees Us Doll on Amazon.com for $35.00. DEAL ALERT: Use code JSBlog10 to get $10.00 off.
To learn more about the Jesus Sees Us Doll and Lesson Book visit www.jesusseesus.com or visit the official Jesus Sees us Facebook page for inspirational scripture verses and updates on how they are helping children in Haiti.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016