I started running again.
Many years ago I used to run cross country. Okay, back in HIGH SCHOOL I ran cross country. I wasn’t very good at it, nor did I ever really give anyone a run for their money, but I enjoyed putting one foot in front of the other. I enjoyed the challenge of it. The way I felt when I finished a difficult run was beyond euphoric. So, today on Music Monday, I’m listening to a song that has really pumped me up each time I hit the pavement… Third Day’s Soul On Fire
I stopped working full time and now I work from home, mostly freelance social media work. Now, there are a few things I’ve been blessed to have more time for:
1. Time with God: Boy I’ve missed my time with Him. I’m not hurried out the door for the morning commute. My prayers aren’t interrupted by cars honking at me on the way into the office. I get quiet time to pray, talk, and read God’s word. My soul really needed this.
2. Time to connect with my kids: We just had Spring Break and, for the first time in YEARS, we didn’t travel. We stayed home. We slept in. We cooked together. We ran miles together. We stayed up late. We watched movies and ate popcorn. We simply had time to enjoy each other and it was amazing.
3. Time to challenge myself: I’ve taken on a few new roles regarding work. I’m diving into the world of non-profits, more specifically, anti-hunger initiatives through my consulting work with HungerFreeTexans.org. I’m slowly learning how different anti-hunger organizations work and how I’d like to apply my expertise to help give them an online voice. It’s a far cry from the news industry, I know.
4. Time to run: I said it earlier, but I’m running again and I feel like I’m on FIRE! Every day, I’m just biting at the chance to get my running shoes on and hit the pavement. I’m slowly increasing my mileage, slowly advancing my ability, and slowly relying on the power of God to get me through the pain of each run.
With all the time I have for the above, I feel like my soul IS on fire, but on the days where I feel down or discouraged, I can listen to Third Day’s “Soul On Fire” and it lights me up again.
Sunday morning I tweeted:
Then I went to church. I’m pumped. I’m ready to dig into God’s word. I’m ready to worship our God with other like-minded Christians. Towards the end of the service, our worship band sang a familiar tune. So, I tweeted this:
Ready for a run? #BeEncouraged.
You can buy Third Day’s Lead Us Back: Songs of Worship (Deluxe Edition) on Amazon for $14.99. Hope you enjoy our Music Monday pick this week! Check out more of our faves below.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016