I’ll admit it. We have a sock problem. It’s not just ANY sock problem, it’s the mother of all sock problems. Maybe it’s just MY sock problem and I’ve kind of passed it down to my kids without realizing it, but I hate pairing socks. It’s the pits. I don’t like looking for matching pairs. It’s ACTUALLY the worst. So, we keep a sock basket with all of our socks and the kids’ chores consists of matching 10 pairs once a week. Multiply that by three and we’ve got 30 pairs of socks. SCORE! Over the years, we’ve gravitated to colorful and rather funky socks. Why? Because it makes it easier to pair AND it makes us that much more unique when our friends see our socks. It’s our thing. *brushes off shoulder*
This next part is kind of exciting…. we found a company who will let you buy a subscription for socks. Yes. It’s like a magazine subscription only better. Want to hear more?
Introducing Whippersnappers by Foot Cardigan! It works like this:
1. Sign your favorite kiddos up to get funky fresh socks in the mail every month
2. The cost is $11! That’s like 12.36 packs of bubblegum, minus the cavities and plus really cool socks that all the kids will dig.
3. If you know and love a tiny person age 3-12, this will most definitely be the coolest mail they’ve ever gotten.
It’s that easy.
I would add in that your kid KINDA has to love socks in order to enjoy a monthly package of them, but that’s probably not true. You know how I know? Because we got a fun package from Foot Cardigan and I got to check them out for myself. These. Are. Cool.
I told Foot Cardigan a little about my kids (not much, just their gender and age). Then we got a hodgepodge of socks in the mail that completely fit each one of my children to a tee!
– Sweet cupcakes and balloon socks for my 11-yr-old daughter
– Alligator and duck socks (that could double as a sock puppet) for my 8-yr-old son
– Hamburger and pizza socks for my 12-yr-old son (I may have stolen a pair for myself… WHAT? We wear the same size!)
Where to buy:
You can’t buy a sock subscription at a store folks. You’ve GOT to order online. It’s super easy. Just go to www.footcardigan.com or click the banner below to purchase your sock subscription. You’re KINDA putting your trust in the company to send you really cool socks because you don’t get to pick them out, but TRUST ME… if cool is what you’re looking for? Cool is what you’re going to get. Plus, it’s fun to anticipate what kind of socks you’ll get in the mail for your kids, right?
Sara Patterson has been blogging since 2007, but took a break for a couple years to tackle the world of news. She was the Social Media Director for a Houston based market 10 news station for over 2 years, but decided it was time to go back to her roots as a parenting blogger so she can spend more time with her family. Follow her personal Twitter account @SocialNewsSara, blogging account @Family_Appeal, or community involvement account @HFTexans.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016