With the cold air blowing in, I’m trying to think of what I need to pack in my work bag before I leave in the morning. Today we had a high in the 80’s, but tomorrow it’s a little chilly. When I leave for work, I’m looking at chilly 49 degrees.
I have to pack a little differently. So, I grab a comfy over-sized scarf, an extra sweater (gotta dress in layers here in SE Texas), and I can’t forget my ChapStick. I always carry some kind of moisturizer for my lips. The coffee I drink in the morning and the talking I do at work makes my lips SO dry. So, this week I’m trying a new line of moisturizing products from Chapstick.
I’ll admit it. I’m pretty snotty when it comes to beauty products. I’ll try ANYTHING once, but if it disappoints me, there is zero chance I’d try it again. After trying the Hydration Lock ChapStick, I’m kind of hooked. It keeps my lips from drying out and glides on really smooth. It doesn’t have that waxy feel to it, but instead feels like lotion for your lips. Let’s just say it has quickly become one of my basics I keep in my drawer at work.
What are the benefits?
- Clinically proven to moisturize lips
- Keeps lips hydrated for a full eight hours
- Locks in natural moisture and draws it in from outside sources
- Gives lips a fuller and smoother appearance
- Provides instant smoothness and enhanced lip feel
- Reflects light from the lips in such a way that it reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
What dries out your lips?
Eating or drinking can affect the lips:
- Drinking coffee or wine can irritate your lips
- Salty or acidic foods can strip lips of moisture
- Not drinking enough water can dry out lips
Lips are more susceptible to the environment (sun, pollution, wind) than any other part of the body or face:
- Dry air or arid places like Arizona and Texas can dry out lips by stealing moisture from them
- Lips are more susceptible to sunburns because they contain little to no melanin, which protects against the sun’s rays
- Talking (there’s my problem right there)
- Breathing from the mouth
- Constant licking of lips, since the enzymes in saliva cause dryness and cracking
- Chewing and nibbling lips can cause irritation and chapping
To learn more about the ChapStick® Moisturizer line visit www.chapstick.com or ‘LIKE’ the ChapStick Facebook page. You can purchase their full line of products nationwide for the retail price of $2.49 to $2.99.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016