Every blue moon I’ve experienced something so amazing that it makes me feel completely and utterly grateful. It’s not very often I leave from a place and think to myself The whole world should be able to do what I just did! That’s how I felt after leaving Disney’s Animal KingdomWild Africa Trek. It’s a personal trek that takes you through the Animal Kingdom like you’ve NEVER seen it before. From up close encounters with the animals, to feeling like you’re actually on a wild life savannah, this expedition is like nothing you’ve ever seen!
When I was told we would be going on this Wild Africa Trek, I had NO idea what to expect. Would we be sitting in a van the entire time? Would we be hiking for hours? I just didn’t know, but I WILL tell you this….. I was pleasantly surprised with every surprise that came our way.
What You Can Expect:
If you’re looking for new adventures while at Disney World, you’ll find the Wild Africa Trek to be an unforgettable experience, but you might want to know what you can expect. Well, here’s a few tips:
- Make sure your camera has a strap. You will not be allowed to take one with you unless it does.
- If your camera does NOT have a strap, no worries. They have a photographer capturing it all for you (it’s included in the price).
- You’ll be asked to sign a waver.
- Expect to be weighed. No worries, they don’t announce it over the loud speaker.
- Your personal belongs are kept in a safe locker while you’re out hiking.
- You’ll be asked to climb a few stairs to show you’re physically capable for the trek.’
- Each adventurer will be strapped into a harness, it’s for your safety
Type of Animals You’ll See:
Your breath will be taken from you as you get up close and personal with Hippos, Crocodiles, Giraffes, and more.
You, literally, walk over a bridge where enormous crocodiles await below. The view is amazing!
What Happens Next?
So, you’ve done the hiking and the bridge walking, but what’s next? You’ll be wisked away to a picnic smack dab in the middle of the African Savannah, complete with chairs, tables, bathrooms (like the most amazing bathrooms EVER, no seriously), and an African inspired snack catered to your dietary needs. Yes. They asked that before you started.
I’m leaving a few things out so as not to spoil it for you. Trust me. The Wild Africa Trek at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016