As the weather gets warmer, you and your family will be eager to get out of the house to enjoy the outdoors again. Summer is a great time to explore the various activities you and your family can do together and, if you stay local, you won’t spend as much money in the process. Here are five affordable outdoor activities that you and your family can enjoy on a summer day.
1. Plan a picnic or BBQ. When planning your next family meal, why not make it an outdoor activity? Make sandwiches and fruit salad, then head to a nearby park. Or, stay in your backyard or porch and grill up a few burgers and hotdogs.
2. Spend a day at the beach. If you’re lucky enough to live near the coast, take a day trip to the beach. It’s the classic summer activity. You can enjoy the sun and surf, and because most beaches are public, it won’t cost you a thing.
3. Take a nature hike. There’s a good chance that you live within driving distance of a state park or national forest. Take the family out for a hike and enjoy the vegetation and rock formations that you find. You can even make a game out of spotting and naming different plants, trees and animals.
4. Watch a movie in the park or drive-in. Many cities have outdoor venues that show movies during the summer. This can be a great way to see classic films on the big screen. If your city doesn’t show movies in a park or amphitheater, you can always go to a drive-in and see a new release from the comfort of your vehicle.
5. Play a sport. If you have enough family members to make two small teams, head out for a game of kickball, touch football or Frisbee. Smaller families can get in touch with friends and neighbors and invite them along. Playing sports is a great way to spend a summer afternoon — plus, you’ll get some exercise in the process.
Before heading out on your family’s next summer activity, make sure your vehicle is covered by automobile insurance. To find an insurance company that offers the coverage you need for your family vehicle, your best bet is to shop around. Compare the policy options and car insurance quotes from several providers, then choose the one that offers the coverage you need at the right price.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016