Do you ever catch yourself in the aisle of your favorite grocery store kinda bored? I’m not talking bored with grocery shopping, I’m talking bored with grocery selection. My kids get tired of the same meals, cooked with the same ingredients, with the same result. While satisfying, I think sometimes? We just need to try new things. Don’t you think?
H-E-B, our favorite grocery store in Texas, had me in mind when they debuted their NEW Primo Picks line of products. These products are MEANT to get you outside of your comfort zone. With their unique flavors and outstanding quality, Primo Picks are products you may have never heard of or tried before. These products are items that H-E-B searched the world for and brought straight home to Texas to share with all of you. There are very limited quantities, so make sure you get while they’re in stock. Wondering what kind of products I’m talking about?
I am a very proud Texas Blogger and H-E-B is one of my favorite stores to shop? Why? Because the prices are great and the selection is outstanding. They really cater to the needs of my family, from great deals all the way to the selection of foods I use to make authentic Mexican Food in the kitchen. When they first let me in on what to expect from their Primo Picks, I was a little hesitant. I mean, I shop at H-E-B for my favorite foods and very rarely go outside my comfort zone, but something told me that their Primo Picks would be the top of the line tastes mixed with the best prices for families on a budget. I was pleasantly surprised to get the chance to try all of these Primo Picks:
|Click to Enlarge|
My family and I had SUCH a great time sampling all H-E-B has in their Primo Pick line of products. Below are some of my absolute faves:
1. Michaels of Brooklyn Pasta Sauce: My husband and I, recently, went to NYC for Spring Break. Some of my favorite memories with him were eating at authentic Italian Restaurants throughout the city. This pasta sauce comes straight from Michaels of Brooklyn, a small, iconic Italian restaurant in Brooklyn, NY. The taste is nothing like I normally cook and transports me to those sweet times in NY with my husband. $8.99 each.
2. Rao’s Homemade Pasta: Adding to the pasta sauce above was Rao’s Homemade Pasta. With a passion for Italian food, Rao’s presses their pasta dough through actual bronze molds. This artisanal method producers the pastas’ unique shapes and detailed textures. $5.19 each.
3. Cocinaware: Remember last Fall when I posted 5 Easy Foods to Cook in a Dutch Oven? That dutch oven is part of the Cocinaware line exclusively at H-E-B. I am not at ALL surprised to see they are one of their Primo Picks because I absolutely LOVE their entire line of colorful cookware, kitchen gadgets, and tableware, inspired by old world Hispanic Traditions. Makes me feel like I’m at my grandma’s house when I use their products. $1.00 – $29.97
4. H-E-B Tub Cookies: Oh sweet goodness. H-E-B has added some of the most unique cookies to their shelves. They’re great for snacking and made with all-natural ingredients with no artificial colors or preservatives. Flavors like Snickerdoodle, Lemon White Chocolate Crisps, and Texas Almond Crunch, I’m seriously developing a cookie addiction. I ALSO love that they come in easy to tote tubs. We’ve been taking these with us to Little League Games. $2.49 – $3.99.
5. Central Market Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips: Holy Mother of All Chips… these are SO good. I’ll admit. I frowned when I saw these. Why would a SWEET POTATO even THINK about going near the taste of Tortilla Chips? After tasting them, I realized how wrong I am. They have a hint of sweetness to the chip that comes from Beauredgard sweet potatoes, along with stone ground corn. I found my preschooler snacking on these while he played video games and thought… He loves them too!
Okay, these are my top five favorites, however, it was REALLY hard to choose just five. Check out what everyone is saying about That Green Sauce. No really… that’s the name of it… That Green Sauce. WARNING: It CAN be addicting (especially when you add it with Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips).
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016