Summer is almost here.. wait. Who am I kidding? Summer starts in January here in Houston. What I MEANT to say is Summer VACATION time is almost here. Families everywhere will be gearing up for fun in the sun. Road trips will be planned. Hotels will be booked and we’re left with the every looming cries of the kids in the backseat yelling, “Are we there yet?!”
Now with Walmart’s NEW Disc-to-Digital service, you can take ALL your favorite movies with you on-the-go. This new service turns your physical movie library into digital movie and allows you to watch your favorite movies on any internet-connected device, including your laptop, Smartphone, tablet or gaming console – wherever you are! For just $2 per disc, Walmart will convert a standard DVD or Blu-ray movie to a digital copy. You can also upgrade a standard DVD to an HD digital copy for $5. Who’s ready to try it?!
The Disc-to-Digital Service is easy and takes just three easy steps:
- Gather the DVDs and Blu-ray movies you can’t live without from your home collection & head to your local Walmart store. The list of eligible movies is available on www.vudu.com. Six major studios are participating with more than 4000 titles as of now – with the list growing each week!
- Bring your discs to the photo department where an Associate will add the movies to your account on www.vudu.com (the process only takes a few minutes and the Associate can help you set up a vudu account if you don’t already have one!)
- Enjoy your favorite movies by accessing them on more than 300 internet-connected devices, like your phone, tablet or laptop!
I had the chance to try out the NEW Disc-to-Digital Service. So, we gathered up our favorite movies and headed to Walmart. The associate was very helpful, however, only a few of our movies were able to be transferred. Vudu has an eligible list of movies that can be transferred to the digital version online and half of our movies were not on that list. Not to worry because the list is ever expanding and we’re looking forward to eventually having our entire movie library online to take with us wherever we go!
Having a Vudu account with Walmart is free! Transferring your digital movies is just $2.00 and if you’d like to upgrade to HD digital copy, that’s only $5.00.
One lucky Momma Findings reader will win a $50 Walmart Gift Card so that YOU can try to the new disc-to-digital service.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016