Last month, I found myself flying into Florida for 5 days. We’d enjoy the sights and attractions of Kissimmee, FL, but how would I get around AFTER I landed? Thanks to my friends at Honda, I got to drive the 2012 Honda Odyssey and if I hadn’t? Let’s just say I would have been in a world panic had I not had a GPS to guide me.
It got me thinking, we drive a family SUV that sucks gas faster than I can pump it. When we decide to shop for a new vehicle, what would we look for? What kind of features do most families need in a vehicle? Moreover, is it stylish enough for me to drive when the kids AREN’T with me? Oh, don’t say you don’t think the same thing? Minivans aren’t usually first on the list when it comes to “cool,” but the Honda Odyssey? Well, let’s just say I didn’t want to give it back.
By design, vans meet needs, but the 2012 Odyssey goes above and beyond. It takes high tech to new heights. It’s conveniences are not just thoughtful, you could almost call them enchanting and it may seem strange, but can a van really know when all you need is a little you time? The answer is yes. Suddenly, you no longer need a van. You want one. Because this is no ordinary van. This is the Odyssey.
I wanted to drive the Honda Odyssey the entire week, but unfortunately I didn’t have enough time with her. Yes, it was a she. She brought me cold drinks, organized my luggage, and even routed me to the destination of my choosing (which happened to be, first Global Resort Homes and second Walmart). I’m not here to get all “techy” on you. That’s not me. I couldn’t tell you all the specs on this van, but I CAN tell you five features that I absolutely loved as a Mom with three children under the age of 9-yrs-old.
1. The Sleek Look: Minivans, according to my tough macho husband, just aren’t cool. We used to drive a minivan when the kids were babies, but he quickly traded it in for an SUV. Fast forward three years and here we are with a gas guzzling monster SUV, all the while minivans, like the 2012 Honda Odyssey are getting face lifts. This van is sleek.
2. Automatic Doors: How many times are you running from the grocery store to your vehicle in the rain with a cart of groceries and three kids? HELLO. Fumbling with opening the doors for everyone usually ends up in a drench mess. The 2012 Honda Odyssey has a function key that allows you to open both sliding doors and the trunk door with a push of a button. Run Kids! Hurry! Oh and the storage? It’s a deep pit of awesomeness.
3. Rear view camera: Okay, all kidding aside from the drenched grocery store mishap above, the rearview camera is my ABSOLUTE favorite function. I’m one of those “panicked” drivers. I’m always worried I’m going to hit a car or run someone over. There have been so many accidents, recently, of children getting hit by a car backing up. This shows you exactly what’s behind you (no blind spots) and also BEEPS at you once you’re too close to an object. Safety at it’s finest.
4. GPS: Do I even need to SAY why we all need GPS? I’m directionally challenged. No map or iPhone will ever keep me from getting lost, especially when I’m in a new city for vacation or brand events. The 2012 Honda Odyssey comes equipped with a dashboard that looks like it should be a part of a NASA mission, however, it’s REALLY easy to use. I fiddled with the GPS for, literally 2 minutes, and learned how to route myself from the Orlando Airport to my Global Resort Homes vacation property. I SO need this at home.
5. Cool Box: Ok. Call me dumb, but I didn’t even know this existed. In fact, I had to ask another blogger who rode with me to Walmart what it’s functionality was. “Sara. It’s a COOL BOX! It keeps your drinks cool, like a built in teeny tiny fridge.” Minivan-Heaven-Say-What?! This is a MUST for hot Summers in Texas. If luck would have it? I didn’t get a picture of this amazing cool box, but head over the Honda Odyssey website to check it out.
So, there you have it. I’m not a professional car expert, but these five features have me impressed with the 2012 Honda Odyssey. Does YOUR car have all of these features?
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016