The day my 8-yr-old daughter came home from school crying due to being bullied, was the day my heart broke in two. I was bullied in school, but never to the extent that I see these days. Over the last 6 months, I’ve seen countless parents (blogger friends of mine) go through this horrific experience with their children. When will it end? When will we ALL stand up to bullying? Well, a local Houston High School has done just that. The Cypress Ranch Anti-Bullying video was created as a submission in The Great American No Bull Challenge, showcasing over 1,000 students singing a “Lip Dub” of an original song written by Cy-Ranch Student Kaitlyn K.
Starting with a small group of students and leading it’s way through the halls of the school, this video incorporates cheerleaders, football players, band members, language clubs, and more! I applaud these students for paving a way for every bystander to live courageously and stand up to bullying in our schools today. I’m especially proud that they are a local Houston Area High School and am asking all of YOU guys to help vote for, not only their school, but the fact that Cypress Ranch is leading the way in taking a stand against bullying.
The message this video sends to others is plainly put “Bullying? Is Not Cool.” Check out their video and tell me what you think. I think it’s absolutely awesome!
I need to say this before I go any further. I was NOT paid to write this post. I was NOT even ASKED to write this post. I, simply, saw how inspirational these teenagers are and, in the back of my head, I thought to myself I want MY kids to be like that. It’s hard NOT to do my part and help this local high school out, especially when it spreads such an honest and thought-provoking message to teens across the nation.
- Go to the Official No Bull Challange Website to Vote For Cy-Ranch HighSchool: www.nobullchallenge.org
- To Learn More About the Anti-Bullying Movement: www.stopbullying.gov
- To Learn about Kaitlyn K (Songwriter of the song featured): www.kaitlynk.com
- The Anti-Bullying Song can be downloaded on iTunes and all proceeds will go to National Anti-Bullying Campaign
- And I can’t leave out the PCox Products of the video (they rock, don’t they?!)
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016