Last week, I brought you guys a delicious recipe straight from one of my favorite brands to cook with, Hunt’s. As a work-at-home Mom to three little ones, I really need wholesome meals that are quick and easy. Our daily schedule can only be described in one word: Chaotic. From 5am until I rest my head around 10pm, it’s just non-stop. I don’t know how my Mom did it waking up at 4 am to make my Papi fresh tortillas before work. She definitely inspires me to cook with that same kind of love and dedication.
I’ve found, with Hunt’s, that cooking CAN be easy, CAN be quick, and CAN be wholesome and healthy. I loathe having to pick up fast food after T-ball practice. So, I’ve been researching and experimenting new ways to nourish my family without sacrificing nutrition. What tools am I using? Hunt’s Signature Recipes, Pinterest, and Chef George Duran (he’s a cooking tool, right?). Today, I’m bringing you guys one giveaway that will keep you cooking in the kitchen and includes ALL the tools I’ve used the last two weeks.
You don’t have to be a professional chef to cook wholesome meals for your family. Heck. I’ve found you don’t even have to have a large budget. I’m the queen of grocery shopping on a budget, but the meal planning? Well, I need lots of help. I think I just get overwhelmed by it all. You know?
If you feel like I do, when it comes to meal planning, here are the tools I’ve used the last few weeks to help me train my brain when it comes to cooking in the kitchen.
1. Hunt’s Signature Recipes: At Hunts.com, you’ll find recipes from breakfast to appetizers, and even dinner. My favorite are the Hunt’s Signature recipes because they’re SO easy to make (You know I’m all about easy) and use wholesome ingredients that I usually keep on hand already. Oh and anyone can use the site because ALL the recipes can be found in English and Spanish. Plus, you can find videos from George Duran demonstrating the EXACT steps in cooking a lot of those recipes. I mean, I can have a recipe in front of me, but I need pictures. I need step-by-step instructions. I need first hand demonstration. Check out the Pepperoni Pizza Chili Recipe video I found from George:
2. George Duran’s NEWEST Cookbook Take This Dish and Twist It: Ok. Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s kids get tired of the SAME ole dishes every week? If I am, then I’m in REAL trouble. We need variety or my preschooler will go insane having to eat chicken spaghetti EVERY.SINGLE.TUESDAY. In George Duran’s new cookbook he gives you foods, we already love, and twists them in a way that make them seem ALL brand new. For instance, he takes hot dogs and gives you ways to transform them into Million Dollar Dogs. There are SO many great ideas I’m just DYING to try.
3. Pinterest: Talk about the mother of all innovations. Yesterday, I, actually, wrote about how Pinterest has transformed our lives for the better. When you gather with all your friends together in one place, you often talk about your favorite things, right? Now, with Pinterest, you have a centralized place to glimpse at your friend’s favorite clothes, meals, music, crafts, and more. It’s, literally, changing my life. It’s the #1 place I go when I need a quick recipe, because I can access it on my iPhone while shopping. Check out my recent pin board, named “My Family. My Food. My Hunt’s“. Here you’ll see ALL my favorite Hunt’s recipes in one centralized place.
Since this board is still very new, I might need your help in building it. Do you have a favorite recipe that calls for Hunt’s tomatoes or sauce? I’d love for you to Pin it, leave the URL in the comments, and I’ll “repin” on my board to share with the world!
Hunts Reader Giveaway!
I have been having so much fun in the kitchen (kinda makes me feel like a domestic goddess… just sayin’), that I want all of YOU guys to join in. One lucky Momma Findings reader will win a Hunt’s themed prize pack that includes:
- Autographed copy of Chef George Duran’s cookbook Take this Dish and Twist It
- Hunt’s cooking apron
- Hunt’s mini-spatulas
- $50 Gift Card
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016