The countdown to Spring Break is on! This Friday we’re off on a road trip to the family homestead near Waco. There we’ll relax, do some fishing, and simply enjoy some time off. Come Monday my husband and I are hopping on a flight from Austin to NYC to have a little bit of an adventure. Then we do it all backwards heading back through Waco to grab the kids and come back home.
I’m tired just typing that. Even more than that, I’m cringing at the thought of how much junk we’ll probably eat while on vacation. I know Spring Break it’s all about splurging, but I’ve still got my family’s health to think about. Thanks to Hormel Foods, I’ve got 5 simply and healthy snacks to pack for YOUR Spring Break travels.
When we travel, I’m usually running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off. There is SO much to do, including packing for a family of five, making sure I’m caught up with work, gathering all needed electronics (you know, Nintendo DS, iPad, DVD player, all things that will keep me sane on a trip). It’s just insane around here.
The last thing I want to do is pack snacks when we can run through a drive thru or gas station should we get hungry. Hormel Foods, however, makes it REALLY easy to throw in some favorite snacks in a canvas bag or cooler and head off to have fun for Spring Break. Check it out..
1. Hormel Turkey Pepperoni Minis: Seriously. My kids love munching on pepperoni and cheese more than chips and candy. The bags of mini pepperoni can be thrown in the bag and there will be little mess in the car.
2. Wholly Guacamole Snack Pack: These snack packs contain only 100 calories and be easily paired with veggies or tortilla chips. You don’t even need a bowl. Cut the top of the bag and pass back and forth at the rest stop.
3. Bucket’O Fruit: That’s just a fancy name for a tupperware dish packed with your child’s favorite fruits. Add in strawberries, grapes, apple slices, and oranges all prepped and ready to eat.
4. Hormel Snack-Cups: These are the ultimate on-the-go snack. Filled with Hormel® pepperoni, Sargento cheese and Keebler crackers, this protein-rich combination will bridge the gaps between meals while traveling AND they come with easy open and close container.
5. Deli-Fresh Sandwich: You just can’t go wrong with a sandwich. Before you hit the road, pack sandwiches in individual containers with Hormel Natural Choice deli meats for a filling lunch on the road. We like the KLIP IT line of containers by Sistema. You can pack a sandwich, fruits, and veggies all together making it easy for kids to eat while you drive.
Do you have any exciting Spring Break plans? If so, what is your favorite “eat right” tip while traveling? Have you tried any of the above products?
Through Monday, March 19th Hormel Foods is running a “Hoops Hysteria” Sweepstakes on their Facebook Page. One entrant will win a flat screen HDTV, just in time to watch all the basketball excitement this month. Fill out the entry form on the Hormel Foods Facebook page and you will be entered to win!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016