Have you ever had a child who wanted NOTHING to do with crafts? That’s my preschooler. His older siblings have always loved painting, coloring, and drawing, but my youngest son just doesn’t. I keep thinking Well, what I’m doing wrong? The truth is, he likes to be outdoors. Crayola has some really cool products to help us come up with ways to encourage creativity within each of our children, no matter WHAT their personality. We’ve been painting outside drawing with chalk outside. It’s been WONDERFUL.
Creativity matters. It´s a skill that all children can learn and when it´s practiced every day, kids become the critical thinkers, problem solvers, and leaders in the classroom, and they´re better prepared for professions of the 21st century. Crayola wants every child to be creatively alive, so they´re inviting parents “Inside the Crayon Box,” for a special live chat with celebrities and trusted parenting experts that will inspire and spark ideas to expand your child´s creative thinking.
Crayola and musician, children´s author and mom, Lisa Loeb for a 45-minute live streaming video chat on the Crayola Facebook page. Lisa, best-known for her number one hit “Stay (I Missed You),” will share as personal stories, practical advice and ways she brings a little creative play into every day for her daughter. We want to hear from you – participants can ask Lisa questions during the event, too!
|Click to Enlarge|
- Why Does Creativity Matter? Creativity is not about who´s the best artists or becoming an architect. It´s a way of thinking that encourages kids´ original ideas and develops their confidence.
- Growing Up Creative. Lisa will share stories about growing up in a home where creativity was encouraged.
- Simple Tips. Easy Ideas. Like most moms, Lisa juggles a lot. She´ll share simple, easy ways she sparks her daughter´s creativity as part of their daily routine.
Take a peek inside at why Crayola thinks creativity really matters within a household.
Also, be sure to check out Lisa’s book Lisa Loeb’s Silly Sing-Along: The Disappointing Pancake and Other Zany Songs (Sterling Children’s Books, 2011) available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com. Sing, laugh, and play with pop Lisa in this fabulous collection of ten of the silliest songs ever. Fun activities, games, and recipes accompany whimsical songs. Take Lisa’s Silly Sing-Along with you wherever you go and get the high-spirited good times started. Includes a 10-song CD recorded by Lisa!
I’m hoping to be participating in the LIVE chat tomorrow. Would love to see some of you guys. The first “Inside the Crayon Box” live chat is Wednesday, March 7 at 9 p.m. EST.
Be on the lookout! Really soon, we’ll be hosting an AWESOME Crayola giveaway jam packed with goodies to get YOUR creativity on.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016