I have, seriously, been experimenting with different chili recipes and, although my skills have improved, I have YET to find one I absolutely love…. until Jenn, my food contributor, sent me this. I can’t WAIT to try this for Superbowl weekend. What are you guys cooking?
Whether you are having company over for a playoff game / Superbowl gathering or just want a warm, comforting meal for your family, this recipe is a great alternative to the traditional chili. It has amazing flavor and freezes well.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 oz cans black beans
- 1 ½ oz can beef broth
- 1 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- In a 4 quart saucepan, cook sausage until brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil ; reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Mash beans and carrots slightly to thicken.
- *Tip – most bulk sausage come in 1 lb packs. Use the remaining ½ lb to make your own easy pasta sauce. Brown sausage, drain. Add one 8 oz can of plain tomato sauce and one tablespoon of Italian Seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate or freeze for another meal.
Jennifer, Momma Findings contributor is married to Ray and a mother to two children – Emma, 11 yrs old and Alexander , 8 yrs old. An avid animal lover , they have two Beagles, a Dachshund and two cats in their family. She works part time as an accountant for a small construction management firm. As a new contributor, she’ll be focusing on recipes, Jennifer says, “I love to cook for my family and am constantly creating and trying new things for my husband and kids. I enjoy meal planning and stocking my freezer with homemade meals.” Please welcome her as our regular contributor and be on the lookout for more easy recipes, as well as food product reviews. For all of Jenn’s Recipes click here!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016