P&G COVERGIRL via Fleishman/MMC
Did you guys watch the Golden Globes? I, usually, pass on awards shows, such as this, because well…. I’m not really a TV junkie. I mean, I don’t have favorite shows I like to watch and I rarely watch movies (unless they aimed towards the kids). For some reason, I tuned into the Golden Globes. I got sucked in by all the glitz and glam of the whole event.
Two of my absolute favorites that walked the red carpet were Latina actresses, Selma Hayek and Sofia Vergara. They looked absolutely stunning in their gowns, hair, and make-up. Thanks to CoverGirl, I’ve got some fabulous tips straight from Sofia’s make-up artist on how you can get the look too. I mean… We’re Moms, but that doesn’t mean we can’t look fabulous, right?
The 2012 GoldenGlobes red carpet was truly a reflection of Hollywood fashion and glam at its best! CoverGirl Spokesperson, Sofia Vergara, was absolutely stunning in a Vera Wang gown while delivering a natural youthful COVERGIRL look. Sofia’s hit show Modern Family took home the Golden Globe for best TV comedy series but it was her speech that stole the show. A prideful Latina and role model for Latinas all around, Sofia made sure to let everyone know she was @Orgullosa of being on that stage!
How to Get Sofia’s Look:
Now we all want to know how this beauty does it, right? Her skin is beautiful. Her make-up is perfection and the hair? Wow. Sometimes I look at my curly hair and think Uhhh…. why must I have these corase curly cues?
Check out how Sofia’s look courtesy of her make-up artist Kayleen, McAdams. The really cool part? You can grab up all the make-up she used at a store near you and fits a budget like mine!
- Inspiration/Dress: This look is all about the lips. We chose a bright plum lip and kept the eyes soft with bronze shadow and multiple coats of mascara. The dress is a gorgeous Vera Wang in a shade of teal and the hair (@atkinjen) is very sleek and youthful so we wanted the makeup to stand out and look youthful as well.
- Face: I started by applying COVERGIRL TRUconceal Concealer #4 under the eyes and around the nose. I then applied COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Nutmeg with a sponge and set that with COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder in Soft Honey. I chose a plum toned blush (COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Plumberry Glow) and applied it along the cheekbones and apples of the cheeks.
- Eyes: I applied COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 3-kit Shadow in Golden Sunset all over the lid and into the crease and then applied three coats of NEW COVERGIRL LashBlast 24HR Mascara to the top lashes and one coat on the bottom.
- Lips: I applied COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipcolor in Everlasting first and then applied COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipliner in Beloved.
- What’s in the clutch?: When she was ready to hit the red carpet, I sent Sofia on her way with powder, lip pencil and lipstick for reapplication.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016