Today, Disney has released Beauty and the Beast in 3D. You’ll see children all over the country hitting the theaters to experience this classic tale as old as time. This is the very first Disney movie that I fell in love with as a child. The Little Mermaid is a close second. There’s just something about this Disney Princess, Belle. She’s beautiful. She’s intelligent. Most of all? She’s loving.
I can’t wait to share the experience of Beauty and the Beast with my children in a whole new way. To add to the excitement, I downloaded the Beauty and the Beast iPad app. I knew this would reel in my 4-yr-old son, who wasn’t too sure he was going to like this Princess everyone keeps talking about. He’s technologically addicted to iPad books and it’s his favorite way to read at night with me. So, what did we think? Worth buying?
Experience a tale as old as time in this fully interactive Storybook Deluxe app. Complete with games, movie clips, puzzles, coloring pages, and sing-along songs from the film, you’ll find a surprise on every page. Hear the story read aloud, record your own narration, or explore at your own pace.
In this unforgettable story of love and adventure, a young woman named Belle finds herself in a castle with talking furniture, an enchanted rose, and a grumpy beast. Despite an awkward beginning, Belle and the Beast gradually become friends, and Belle learns not to judge a book by its cover. A beloved Disney favorite retold in a magical new format the whole family can enjoy!
- Interactive Storybook Deluxe app features your favorite characters from Disney’s award-winning Beauty and the Beast.
- Two reading modes allow you to follow along as the story is read aloud, or explore at your own pace.
- Engage in exciting activities based on scenes from Beauty and the Beast—help Belle make her way to the Beast’s castle in the hedge maze, or go on a hunt for hidden roses.
- Puzzles and coloring pages for all ages!
- Record your voice reading the story and hear it played back as narration.
- Jump to your favorite page with the Visual Page Index.
This was our very first Disney Digital Book app. I mean, we have book apps on our iPad, but they aren’t Disney. I wasn’t real sure what to expect. I was delighted to see that the story of Beauty and the Beast is told through the app in three different ways.
- Children can read it themselves or have an adult read to them together.
- Parents can record their voice on the app. This works great for traveling parents or parents who work late and can’t be home for a bedtime story.
- Or you can have the animator read it out loud.
The pages are easy to turn simply by swiping your finger left or right. I also love how the app incorporates real scenes from the movie into the story. It gives the kids a chance to experience the wonderful music created in the original movie.
In case you were wondering there is SO much more in this app. Kids can play the music videos individually with the words along side. You know? In case you have a singer on your hands. There are also fun activities like games, painting, and puzzles. My son’s favorite is the “Rose Garden” game. This takes you on a scavenger hunt through out the digital book looking for ALL the roses.
The Beauty & the Beast: Storybook Deluxe app is available for download for iPad at the App Store for $8.99. I know. It’s kind of pricy. My rule of thumb for the kids is no app more than $3.99. Is it worth it? Uhhh. Yeah it is. My youngest has used this app on countless outings and loves it.
Still not sure you’re ready to purchase? Check out this demo and see what you’re missing:
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016