Sweet potatoes are abundant this time of year so I cook with them frequently. My family loves the wonderful moist, sweet taste plus they are fiber rich and loaded with beta carotene.
I often do the traditional thing and bake them whole or peel and cut into chunks and roast in the oven with olive oil, salt & pepper. It is also fun to mix them in with others flavors to make a complete meal.
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb sweet potatoes ( approx 3 potatoes ), peeled and cut into 16 pieces
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 16 slices
- In 1 quart saucepan, heat marmalade, rosemary and salt to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In 2 quart microwavable bowl, place sweet potato pieces and water. Cover loosely with paper towel. Microwave on high for 4 – 6 minutes, stirring once, just until tender. (do not overcook). Drain water and rinse with cold water.
- Using 8 metal skewers, thread pork, sweet potatoes, and zucchini, leaving about 1/4 inch of space between each piece.
- Place kabobs on grill and cook on medium heat, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Brush with marmalade glaze during last 3 minutes.
Jennifer, Momma Findings contributor is married to Ray and a mother to two children – Emma, 11 yrs old and Alexander , 8 yrs old. An avid animal lover , they have two Beagles, a Dachshund and two cats in their family. She works part time as an accountant for a small construction management firm. As a new contributor, she’ll be focusing on recipes, Jennifer says, “I love to cook for my family and am constantly creating and trying new things for my husband and kids. I enjoy meal planning and stocking my freezer with homemade meals.” Please welcome her as our regular contributor and be on the lookout for more easy recipes, as well as food product reviews. For all of Jenn’s Recipes click here!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016