Is it me or does time go just a LITTLE bit slower during the days after Christmas, but before New Years? I’ve talked to so many of my friends who are just counting down the days for school to start back up again. Their kids are bored and after ALL those Christmas gifts, STILL looking for “something to do”.
My kids are with their grandparents in Waco for the last few days, but tomorrow they come home and I’m afraid. So afraid. Hold me. Someone save me from the Holiday Break Blues before they strike our house! If they DO appear, I’m armed and ready with help from Alvin and the Chipmunks. Have y’all seen Chipwrecked yet?
There are so many ways a Mom can go crazy over the Holiday Break. Kids are out of school, husband is STILL on vacation, in-laws are in town, and there just isn’t ONE TEENY TINY LITTLE minute to simply breathe… or in my case… blog. So, what do you do if:
1. Cabin fever sets in? Head over to your local theater with the kids to hit a matinee of Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. The warm island scenes will have you laughing and comfy from the cold weather. Be sure to check out my review of Chipwrecked beforehand.
2. The weather is too bad to go out? I’m in Texas and the weather is usually warm and a bit chilly, meaning on the really cold days all I need is a long sleeve shirt. If you aren’t lucky enough to be in the great state of Texas, you’re probably battling chilly temps and possibly snowy days. So, stay in…. and dance! Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked video game will get you guys moving with cool songs, available on the Nintendo Wii, DS, and XBOX Kinect. We got the Wii game a couple of days ago and I’m DYING to check it out with the kids. Look for our review real soon.
3. You need to get out to run errands? Nothing is worse than needing to run errands when you have sugar hyped children with you. Keep the kids busy in the car with the new Alvin and the Chipmunks books. This line of beginning reader books, junior digest novels, storybooks, and sticker books will keep little ‘‘Munks” excited to read over the holiday break. Ages 4-12.
4. Momma needs a little fresh air? My husband likes to joke that his Mom would do two things when him and his sister drove her up the wall. She would either work in the yard (they didn’t follow her out there) or go to Sonic for a drink. You might be at that point, but it’s too cold do to yard work and you may be watching what you eat after all those Holiday treats. So, hit up the Christmas sales and clearance aisle at your local grocery or drug store to get a head start on next year. Alvin and the Chipmunks have some of the CUTEST ornaments that you need to grab up for your little chippymunk.
5. You need a little peace and quiet? Before the kids left, it was INSANE here. The boys were fighting, the girl was jamming her music too loud, both TVs were going, and I just needed one minute of silence so I can hear myself think. Ever get that way? These easy Alvin and the Chipmunks printables will keep little hands busy while you lay your head for a 10 minute power nap. Need longer snooze time? Head over to www.munkyourself.com where kids can “munk themselves”. Seriously, my kids took hours upon hours perfecting their own little chipmunk mini me.
So, how are YOU beating the Holiday Break Blues?
Alvin and the Chipmunks Giveaway:
We’re all “munked” out after the Holidays and we want to give one lucky Momma Findings reader some goodies to “munk yourself” with during the next few weeks. The winner will receive a Chipwrecked Prize Pack that includes (sorry I don’t have a picture):
- One Chipmunks Ornament
- One Chipmunks book
- Three Chipmunks plush toys
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016