To be honest, I have never been much of a cooked carrot fan unless it was in pot roast, beef stew or soup. These carrots, though, are outstanding. They would complement any meal and would be a great addition to you Thanksgiving dinner.
We are having Thanksgiving dinner at my sister-in-law’s house but I am preparing a few side dishes. The Honey Carrots are great because I can make them a day ahead of time and warm up for dinner.
- 1 lb carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cups chicken, vegetable or beef stock ( chicken or vegetable is recommended )
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add carrots, stock, honey & thyme
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until most of liquid evaporates and the carrots are tender.
Jennifer, Momma Findings contributor is married to Ray and a mother to two children – Emma, 11 yrs old and Alexander , 8 yrs old. An avid animal lover , they have two Beagles, a Dachshund and two cats in their family. She works part time as an accountant for a small construction management firm. As a new contributor, she’ll be focusing on recipes, Jennifer says, “I love to cook for my family and am constantly creating and trying new things for my husband and kids. I enjoy meal planning and stocking my freezer with homemade meals.” Please welcome her as our regular contributor and be on the lookout for more easy recipes, as well as food product reviews. For all of Jenn’s Recipes click here!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016