I’m ALMOST done with my Christmas shopping for my babies. To say that BEFORE Thanksgiving, is actually shocking for me. I’m usually that schmuck at Walmart on Christmas Eve picking up last minute Christmas gifts, but this year? This year, I’ve planned accordingly, shopped smart, and accomplished the ONE thing that gives me a the MOST stress during the busy Holiday Season…….. Shopping for the kids.
Today, I’m on a mission to help YOU shop on a budget with a little less burden. Sears has all kinds of simple solutions for gift giving this Holiday Season. To me? That means minimal driving from store to store looking for that perfect gift for friends and family.
Now, I’m not one for Holiday shopping all day long. In fact, my mission is to avoid massive mental breakdowns due to how much I’m spending, the shoppers who insist on fighting me for the last Holiday Barbie, or cashiers who take a million years to ring me up all because I have one coupon.
So, I’ve come up with a few tips to avoid the breakdown or the need to want to sleep through the entire Holiday Season.
1. Coffee: It’s my best friend. I’ll introduce you. Be aware, that, while it helps you attack the shopping, it DOES increase the need for more bathroom breaks. Which brings me to tip number two.
2. Don’t take the kids: I know it’s sometimes impossible NOT to, but you spend more time buckling into car seats, unpacking the stroller, and yes……. sitting in the bathroom while you wait for one to go pee, all to have the other one say he needs to go when you get to the other side of store.
3. Shop Online: Sears makes it pretty darn easy to shop online for the hottest toys of the season. Why fight the crowds?
4. Local Store Pick-up: Did you know you can order online at Sears.com and pick up at your local store? Beats fighting traffic and driving around for an hour looking for a parking. Or in my case, squeezing into the ONE parking you CAN find and realizing you can’t open the door to your SUV because it’s so narrow.
5. Home Delivery: If Sears wasn’t ALREADY awesome for providing store pick up, they ALSO have a Gofer Service that lets you order online and have it delivered to your house on the same day. Ummmmm…….. you think they can pick up my groceries too?
6. Make Time for You: I grow about 20 new strands of grey hair, each time I head out the door for more Holiday Shopping. I’m 30-yrs-old! That shouldn’t happen. So, I usually take the time to grab up my sister and head out for a pedicure or a nice lunch. Do it. Take time for you and the rest of the family will reap it’s benefit.
One lucky Momma Findings reader will win a $50 Sears Gift Card to help ease the burden of shopping on a budget for family and friends.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016