This year, more than 180,000 women in the United States will learn that they have breast cancer. Some 41,000 women will lose the fight this year against this dreaded disease. Most, if not all of us, know at least one person impacted by breast cancer. My Aunt fought and won. One of my dear friends in Charlotte, fought and won.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we’re kicking it off early by highlighting a partnership that shows support and raises breast cancer awareness through the Giving Hope a Hand initiative. Cottonelle brand and additional partner companies will assist Kroger in raising $3 million for breast cancer awareness, treatment and research in the communities we share. We can help others fight and win the fight against breast cancer.
- Estimated 180,000 women will be newly diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
- Roughly 41,000 will die from breast cancer this year.
- More than 2 million women are survivors of breast cancer.
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- 1 in 33 women will die from breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the second most common cancer among women, behind lung cancer.
- When it is detected early, the five-year survival rate exceeds 95%.
How We Can Lend A Hand:
People pay great attention to the look and feel of the bathroom… except when it comes to one of the most important elements: toilet paper. The Cottonelle brand wants people to take notice, and care for their toilet paper like never before by using toilet paper roll covers.
In an effort to raise breast cancer awareness this October, the Cottonelle brand will be offering pink toilet paper roll covers for a limited time. From September 25-October 8, visit Kroger to purchase specially marked packages of Cottonelle Clean Care, our most care-worthy toilet paper yet, and receive a printout with instructions on how to redeem a free pink toilet paper roll cover.
My friends at Cottonelle, sent me my own pink toilet paper cover and it looks quite nicely in my bathroom, I must say so myself.
Cottonelle wants to give YOU a hand at supporting Breast Cancer Awareness in your community. One lucky Momma Findings Reader will win a $50 Kroger Gift Card!
You can enter one of two ways.
1. Tell me, in the comment section, do you know someone who had or has breast cancer? How did it directly impact you to want to raise awareness?
2. Don’t know someone with breast cancer? That’s a blessing! Tell me, instead, what products you’ve purchased in support of raising awareness.
Extra Entry Options:
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” our Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and the Cottonelle Facebook Page. Go ahead and comment once you get there (not at all required, but we love wall comments).
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by following Momma Findings and Cottonelle on Twitter, then tweet about this giveaway. A great tweet would be: Help support #breastcancer awareness w/ @Sarann & @Cottonelle – Win $50 @KrogerCo GC http://t.co/i2lR2M7V
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today Sept. 28th – Oct. 5th 11:59 CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner HippoPurpleMonkey! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016