I’ve enjoyed celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with bloggers online and with my family offline. Sunday, after Church, I have a huge Mexican Meal planned for my husband and children and I look forward to celebrating my culture with the ones I love.
This month, I was SO excited to discover the Hearts For Hearts Girls Doll Collection, which celebrates different Cultures across the globe with inspiring stories, stylish fashions, and a heart for their families, community, and culture. We met Rahel, from Ethiopia and fell in love with her story and giving heart. Today, I’m letting you guys in on all the girls in the Hearts for Hearts Girls doll collection, plus a chance to win one!
About Hearts for Hearts Girls:
Changing the World One Heart at a Time! That is the goal of the new Hearts For Hearts Girls doll line and fashion collection from Playmates Toys. The collection features six dolls from around the world, each with an inspiring story to share.
- Meet Consuelo from Mexico City. Colorful and warm, Consuelo provides aid to hungry children who are homeless and live on the streets near her parents´ bakery.
- Meet Lilian of Belarus. Determined Lilian provides aid to girls whose parents must find work in the big city and are forced to leave their children with orphanages.
- Meet Dell from the heart of Kentucky´s Appalachian Mountains. Dell creates music and knitwear to share with others in need of warm clothing.
- Meet Rahel of Ethiopia. Rahel, who dreams of becoming a doctor so that she can make a real difference for people in her region, journeys with her family into the wilderness of Ethiopia to help bring back aid to her community.
- Meet Tipi from Laos. Based on a real girl who shares her art and storytelling with others through dancing, drawing, and puppetry, Tipi leads her school in a mural contest in hopes of winning much-needed books for her class.
- Meet Nahji who hails from Assam, India. Brave Nahji breaks tradition to bring courage and education to the girls who work in the tea fields of India.
We had the chance to check out one of the dolls, specifically, Rahel from Ethiopia. This is what I love about Hearts for Hearts Girls, they not only celebrate different cultures, but they help us, as parents, introduce these cultures to our children. My daughter has one African American Doll and, although we’re Hispanic, she LOVES this doll. I think it’s because it gives her a clear vision of what she sees every day, a mixture of cultures and ethnicities in her class and community.
Rahel, our Ethiopian Doll is authentically dressed and comes with a friendship bracelet and a story booklet that explains how these multicultural girls live and contribute to their families, communities, and culture. Each doll also comes with a special code that unlocks a free membership to the kid-safe Hearts for Hearts Girls Website, which features:
- Additional information about each of the Hearts For Hearts Girls and the countries in which they live
- Educational activities and lively games that are fun and rich in culture
- Intriguing stories about real girls who are making a difference
- While all girls are welcome to visit the site, the code unlocks access to additional features, including a larger array of games and a “myHeart” page
Additionally, through a partnership with World Vision3, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of each Hearts For Hearts Girls doll is donated to programs that support girls in that doll´s country. Whether it´s malaria nets in Africa, schoolbooks in Asia, or food supplies in the United States, these programs help girls to thrive and succeed.
Head over to the Playmates Toys website to purchase your Hearts for Hearts Girls doll. Each doll retails for the suggested retail price of $29.99.
To further bring to light each Hearts For Hearts Girls´ culture, additional outfits are available for the dolls, so that your little girl can envision her doll´s story as she plays and changes the doll´s attire.
One lucky Momma Findings readers will win a Hearts for Hearts prize pack that includes:
- One Hearts For Hearts Girl, accompanied by a friendship bracelet, story booklet, donation for girls in need through partner World Vision and a special product code your daughter can use to unlock a free membership to the Hearts For Hearts Girls website, which provides access to the “myHeart” page and an array of games and activities.
- An outfit that is authentic to one of the Hearts for Hearts Girls´ culture, in which your daughter can also dress her doll
Let me know, in the comment section,which Hearts for Hearts Girls doll you think you’d like to introduce to your daughter the most.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following Momma Findings, then tweeting about this giveaway. Win a Hearts for Heart Doll package from @Sarann http://t.co/mwBuw9c6 #MyBlogSpark
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and the Hearts for Hearts Facebook Page. Leave 2 comments here letting me know you did so.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today Sept. 23rd – 30th 2011 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner KarenMed! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016