Last August, we posted a Moon Dough Playset Review and had a LOT to say about our experience. If you remember, my kids absolutely loved the set, however, this Momma didn’t like the fact that I spent more time cleaning that enjoying it with my children.
Well, we’re back with ANOTHER Moon Dough review and this time? We’re testing the New and Improved Moon Dough formula. Spin Master, the makers of Moon Dough, listened to Moms everywhere crying that we needed it to be less crumbly, easy-to-clean, AND easy-to-store. So, how do you think it faired in the Momma Findings home?
Moon Dough(for ages 3 & up) has a whole new dough formula. It’s now less crumbly with no mess and still never dries out. The new consistency is better for molding and odor-free.
Thanks to Team Mom, we received a Moon Dough Push N’Pop Breakfast playset to try out. While I wasn’t sure I wanted to “go that route” and review a product we already decided wasn’t fit for the house, I wanted to give this popular brand another try. I mean, my kids loved it the first time so I owed them that much.
There are a number of out-of-this-world Moon Dough play sets to choose from, including:
- Moon Dough Push N’ Pop Ocean Pals
- Moon Dough Push N’ Pop Breakfast
- Moon Dough Snack Shop
When you purchase the Moon Dough Push N’ Pop Breakfast set, you can expect to see all the contents nestled nicely in the box, as previous sets were.
- 3 Push & Pop Tools
- Twisty Mold,
- 2 Colors of Moon Dough
- 1 Themed Mat
So, you’re all set up and ready to play with the new Moon Dough. Spin Master has promised a new formula and I was just BITING at the bit to see if it was remotely different than the last.
- Storage: One thing I noticed RIGHT away (mainly because it was such an issue with our last moon dough review), was that each color of moon dough comes in resealable bags! Do you even KNOW how great that is? It makes clean-up time easier and storage convenient.
- Texture: We think it was pretty easy to mold the first go round, but this time? It’s not as crumbly. It sticks easier and doesn’t spread in tiny pieces as fast as it did before.
- Themes: I love that Spin Master really helps children embrace their creative side. Our breakfast set was perfect for my 4-yr-old who decided HE was going to make breakfast for me.
- Tools: We had issues with the Twisty Molds the last time, but THIS time the Push & Pop tools make it SO easy for little hands. Simply press the tool onto the Moon Dough, Push, then it Pops up, leaving your child with a perfect waffle, pancake, or slice of toast! Ever play the game Trouble? These push & pop tools are like that dome you push on that game.
- Easy-to-Clean: I am HAPPY to report that the Moon Dough REALLY is improved. We didn’t have as much mess as we did before. It was easy to contain on our mat and if a little strayed off, it was easily picked back up. I spent a whole three minutes cleaning — My kinda dough!
While we had NO issues this time around, I would like to mention that a perfect addition to the breakfast set should be a dish or two. We broke out some play dishes we had in the house, but I think it would be a nice touch to a perfect Moon Dough set.
All in all? I am NOW a Moon Dough fan. Whereas before, my opinion was split down the middle. The kids loved it and I hated the clean-up. It’s refreshing to see a Brand really take opinions from influential Mom Bloggers online and use them to perfect their product. Moon Dough is now easy-to-clean, easy-to-mold, and easy-to-store. Plus, it’s perfect for little hands as they learn more about the world around them during imaginative play.
Moon Dough is available at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, Kmart, A.C. Moore, Michaels, eToys, and Amazon.com. The Push N’ Pop sets retail for $9.99. For more information about Moon Dough, visit www.moondough.com.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016