Welcome to our last day in the H-E-B & ConAgra Back-To-School Meal Maker Challenge. I’ve had SUCH a great time creating recipes and perusing all the other blogger’s recipes who participated and today, as we hit the hallways again for another school year, I feel I’m prepared for the new routine at home.
With that said, I created a meal perfect for our last day of Summer, yet easy enough to cook on a school night. Our secret ingredient was H-E-B Mixed Vegetables so I thought Wouldn’t this work well in a bit-sized edible bowl? We made stuffed bell peppers!
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4-6 Bell Peppers
- H-E-B Frozen Vegetables
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts Cooked and Diced Fine
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Cook your chicken or use prepared chicken. I like to use Hill Country frozen chicken breasts. I simply boil a pot of water and let them sit while I de-core the bell peppers.
2. Once your Bell Peppers are ready, set aside and dice the onions.
3. In a large non-stick pan, cook your chicken with your garlic powder, comino, and salt & pepper for about 4-5 minutes Then, mix your frozen veggies and onions in.
4. Once everything is heated through mix in your Cream of Mushroom Soup and let simmer another five minutes.
5. Next is the fun part. Stuff each pepper to the brim and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Place the top of the bell pepper back on and brush the outside with olive oil. Place in a glass baking pan and cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
7. Finishing up. Once they’re cooked pull out of the oven and serve hot with your favorite side dish. Ours just happens to be Spanish Rice! Enjoy.
H-E-B has some great savings planned for families during August and September, just in time for Back-to-School. Starting August 24th-September 6th find the In-store Combo Loco Buy Healthy Choice Steamers (10 oz.), get H-E-B Frozen Vegetables (12 oz) free with in-store coupon.
If you’re into grabbing up online deals check out H-E-B’s online Combo Loco through September 6th: Buy 2 Hunt’s Tomatoes (14.5 oz.) get one (1) free (14.5 oz.) free with online coupon.
I hope you guys liked our Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe. Stay tuned later this week for another awesome H-E-B and Conagra Foods giveaway, but for now I’d really appreciate if you guys can vote for Momma Findings in the Meal Maker Challenge. It takes 5 seconds and I’d greatly GREATLY appreciate the support.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016