Last night at dinner, I talked to my kids about the school year and what it will entail. I then asked them to think about a few goals they’d like to set and without hesitation my 7-yr-old daughter says, “I want to be the top 2nd Grader with the most AR points!”
My girl is a reader. She takes after her Momma and I’m happy to indulge in her obsession with books because it’s a good obsession to have. So, to celebrate the end of Summer and the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year, I’m excited to let you guys in on an awesome reading program from JetBlue Airlines, who are encouraging children to read where ever their travels may take them.
JetBlue is encouraging kids to pack books for their cross country adventures or even for their trips to the backyard. JetBlue has launched “Soar with Reading” a reading program with partner PBS KIDS. The program aims to keep children reading wherever they go this summer or for – with a combination of in-flight and online literacy resources, community reading events and a partnership with First Book, a nonprofit organization that provides new books to children in need. Additionally, the campaign supports public libraries. At SoarwithReading.com families can vote for their favorite library in the Soar with Reading Sweepstakes. The winning library will receive $10,000 worth of children’s books courtesy of Jet Blue and Random House Children’s Books. And if you enter the winning library, you will have a chance to win a trip to Atlantis!
- At the center of the program is the newly launched SoarwithReading.com, where parents can download a free reading activity kit, create a summer reading list and log their children’s reading minutes, among other activities
- For every reader who registers on SoarwithReading.com, JetBlue will make a book donation to a child through First Book, up to 10,000 books.
- Over the Summer, Jet Blue is also sending crewmembers out to volunteer at kid-friendly events at local libraries all across the country. These global guides will read books to children, share stories about their job and their exciting travel adventures.
- Child passengers will also receive activity kits on JetBlue flights as well!
- Mr. Steve CD
- Activity book
- Magic Treehouse book
- JetBlue bag
Tell me where the Summer took you and your family. Did you jump on a plane and fly across the country? Or did you make a trek to the backyard for a camping adventure?
Extra Entry Options:
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” our Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and the Soar With Reading Facebook Page. Go ahead and comment once you get there (not at all required, but we love wall comments).
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on Twitter and Soar With Reading on Twitter, then tweet about this program. @Sarann wants you to @SoarWithReading – Win a prize pack to kick of the school year http://t.co/Ysb8bM6
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today August 16th – August 30th 11:59 CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016