Yesterday, I had a friend over and as we walked into my room, I turned to my nightstand and I said, “Do you like to read? Have you read The Help?” She left that night and says to me, “I know this sounds kind of dumb, but I’m really anxious to wake up tomorrow and start reading this book!”
If you guys remember, I was one of the FIRST people to see The Help Movie at the Disney Dreamworks Event back in June. While, my official review, has not been posted yet (look for it very soon), I will say this……. The Help Movie is a must see. Today, I’m bringing you guys a really fun giveaway to get you excited to see an Oscar-Worthy film debuting August 10th!
Based on one of the most talked about books in years and a #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon, “The Help” stars Emma Stone (“Easy A”) as Skeeter, Academy Award®–nominated Viola Davis (“Doubt”) as Aibileen and Octavia Spencer as Minny—three very different, extraordinary women in Mississippi during the 1960s, who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed—even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times. Deeply moving, filled with poignancy, humor and hope, “The Help” is a timeless and universal story about the ability to create change.
The Help Movie debuts in theaters everywhere August 10th 2011.
I’m so SO, like-abnormally-over-the -moon, excited for the debut of this movie, that I’ve bundled up a great The Help Movie giveaway, just for you! One lucky Momma Findings reader will win:
- The Help t-shirt in adult female sizes of S, M, L, XL
- The Help pocket jotter & pen
- The Help fan
- The Help nail file/mirror
Tell me, in the comment section, if you’ve read the book and your hopes for the movie. Haven’t read it? Totally ok. Tell me, instead, why you want to see this movie.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following The Help Movie and Momma Findings on Twitter, then tweeting about this giveaway. A great tweet would be: I’m inspired to see The @HelpMovie on August 10th thanks to @Sarann http://bit.ly/pFtZav
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page along with the The Help Movie Facebook Page. Leave us a comment about why you’re inspired by the movie (totally not required, but it’s nice. We love wall comments.)
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today July 29th – August 11th 2011 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED: Congrats to our winner Tabaitha. Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016