Our family have been rockin’ the movies lately. At the theaters or at home on our projector, we have really been enjoying family movie time together. This Summer, I think, we’ve watched MORE movies than we do all year! Blame it on the heat or blame it on “my job”, one things for sure, my kids feel like little tiny movie critics.
With that said, back at Spring Break we reviewed Mars Needs Moms and gave your our take on how the movie really embraced the Mother/Child relationship, but totally missed the mark when they made Moms look all frumpy.. That little detail didn’t completely affect our opinion that this movie will make both parents and children come together and rethink the family dynamic at home. Disney entertains with scenes that made me cry, as a Mother, but it also throws in lots of humor great for the whole family. Have you seen Mars Needs Moms? It debuts on DVD/Blu-ray August 9, 2011 and I have your chance to win it!
Take out the trash, eat your broccoli—who needs moms, anyway? Nine-year-old Milo (Seth Green) finds out just how much he needs his mom (Joan Cusack) when she’s nabbed by Martians who plan to steal her mom-ness for their own young. Produced by the team behind “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and “The Polar Express,” “Mars Needs Moms” showcases Milo’s quest to save his mom—a wild adventure in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D that involves stowing away on a spaceship, navigating an elaborate, multi-level planet and taking on the alien nation and their leader (Mindy Sterling). With the help of a tech-savvy, underground earthman named Gribble (Dan Fogler) and a rebel Martian girl called Ki (Elisabeth Harnois), Milo just might find his way back to his mom—in more ways than one.
- English & Spanish versions
- “Fun With Seth” – The cast and crew had a galaxy of fun making Mars Needs Moms, thanks to the on-set antics of Seth Green and Dan Fogler. Watch them do the ROM dance see them compete to see who can do their verbal ROM the fastest, and much more.
- Martian 101 – Do you speak Martian? Go behind the scenes and see how the producer and cast came up with their own unique Martian language. Then learn how to speak it yourself with lessons from a leading Martian language expert.
Everything on the DVD plus…
- English & Spanish versions
- Extended Opening – The movie begins… but wait, there’s more. See it here.
- Life On Mars: The Full Motion-Capture Experience – Go way behind the scenes to the ‘space’ where the actors’ performances are captured. This feature-length, picture-in-picture viewing mode also lets you listen to director Simon Wells and actors Seth Green and Dan Fogler give a fun and insightful look into creating the movie.
- Deleted Scenes with Simon Wells introductions (4 Blu-ray 2D Exclusive Deleted Scenes) – 7 deleted scenes of which four are exclusive to the Blu-ray 2D release. Some cool scenes ended up on the cutting room floor. Now you can see them with introductions by director Simon Wells.
- “Flower Power” Easter Egg – the name of the show that Ki watched and learned English from is entitled “Freaks on the Street.”
Mars Needs Moms DVD/BluRay Combo can be purchased wherever DVDs are sold for the suggested retail price of $39.99. DEAL ALERT: Pre-order Mars Needs Moms DVD/Blu-ray 2 Disc Combo online at Amazon.com for only $22.99!
Thanks to my friends at Disney (we’re tight like that), one lucky Momma Findings reader will win Mars Needs Moms on DVD/BluRay 2-disc set!
Tell me, in the comment section, have you ever wanted to run away to Mars? Yeah…. me too. What’s the one thing that set you off? Kids write on the walls with a Sharpie? Dog ran away for the millionth time?
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following MommaFindings and Disney Pictures on Twitter, then tweet about this post. You must have at least 100 followers to be eligible for these entries. Great tweet would be: @DisneyPictures releases #MarsNeedsMoms on DVD/Bluray Aug. 9th! Win it w/ @Sarann http://bit.ly/ny2IzE.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and the Mars Needs Moms Facebook Page. Go ahead and leave us a comment while you’re there.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today July 27th – August 8th 2011 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
Make sure you check out our take on the Mars Needs Moms, if you didn’t get a chance to see it while it was in theaters.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016