I love me some coffee. In fact, just yesterday I was tweeting with a local Twitster (that’s social media slang for Twitter Friend) about who drank the most coffee during a 24 out period. I think I won. While I understand too much caffeine could be bad thing, I also realize that it could be worse. It’s not like I’m addicted to tobacco, alcohol, or drugs, right?
All kidding aside, I love my Keurig brewer, as in I-will-never-be-able-to-go-without-kinda-love. The only other gadget I can say that about is my iPhone4. While I usually drink hot coffees and teas, I was JUST introduced to the NEW Brew Over Ice KCup varieties and WOW. I may or may not be in some SERIOUS trouble. These KCups are perfect for a cool down Summer Treat.
- Nantucket Blend® Iced Coffee
- French Vanilla Iced Coffee
- Half and Half (Black Tea and Lemonade)
- Southern Sweet Tea
- Sweet Berry Lime Green Tea
- Sweet Lemon Black Tea
- Sweet Peach Black Tea
- Sweet Raspberry Black Tea
- Sweet Tropical Breeze White Tea
- Unsweetened Black Tea
We, recently, got to try a few different flavors of the Brew Over Ice KCups. On a hot Sunny day in Texas, these sweet little miracle cups landed on my doorstep and it couldn’t have been a better time since we had already reached triple digit temperatures.
The KCups we tried were French Vanilla Iced Coffee, Southern Sweet Tea, Sweet Raspberry Black Tea, and Nantucket Blend Iced Coffee. I WANTED to jump right in and start brewing, but I wasn’t sure how it worked exactly. If you’re kinda confused too, take a look at this video. Keurig makes it PURDY easy to brew your favorites right over ice to enjoy immediately.
While I’ve learned that brewing is easy, I’ve come up with a few tips to help you out the VERY first time you brew over ice. They are a little repetitive in comparison to the video, but still good to know.
1. Find a 16oz cup: I say try to find one a TAD bit bigger because I chose the 8oz brew setting and it overflowed BIG TIME. You can always use the lighter 6oz option, but I like to get more bang for my buck, if you know what I mean.
2. Fill it to the TOP with ice: You’re going to need a LOT of ice so fill it as high as you can. The hot brewing liquid is going to melt your ice REALLY fast and leave little room to add more afterwards.
3. Use liquid creamer and sweetener: It’s really hard to blend sugar or powdered creamer when you brew over ice. Just sayin’.
4. Do NOT brew in a glass cup: I haven’t done it because our set came with the Brew Over Ice plastic cup featured above, but the box clearly states to brew it in a plastic cup, probably to avoid burns from touching a hot glass when you first brew your cup.
5. Don’t double sweeten: The Iced Tea flavors are already sweetened unless otherwise stated. For instance, they do have an unsweetened black tea, that you’re, obviously, going to need to sweeten. Taste before you sweeten to make sure it’s to your liking.
Prices vary, however, suggested retail price is about $16.99 for a box of 22 KCups. You can find them wherever KCups are sold such as Bed, Bath, and Beyond or online at www.brewoverice.com. DEAL ALERT: Find Brew Over Ice KCups on Amazon.com for $15.95 (22 count box).
That’s it for now! If you follow my easy tips, you’ll be lovin’ your Brew Over Ice Kcups JUST as much as me. Do you have a Keurig Brewing System? If so, what’s your favorite flavor?
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016