July 15th deems to be a VERY busy day in theaters across the country. Two movies hit the big screen. You’ve got the magic wizardry of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and then you got the enormously-cute-adorable-you-just-want-to-hug-the-whole-hundred-acre-wood Winnie the Pooh Movie. I mean. Really? There’s no comparison if you ask me.
All kidding aside, I know Harry Potter is hugely popular among families. I, however, have not read one single book (Don’t stone me). I have ALSO only seen one of the movies. For personal reasons, I decided we would not be reading or watching Harry Potter until the kids were older. They are still so young and introducing them to dark sides, magic, and witchcraft well… I’m not ready for that until they can fully understand that, although depicted as fantasy, witchcraft IS real and, as a Christian Family, any practice of magic is certainly not Biblical.
Today, however, I’m not here to throw out all my beliefs to you and certainly not here to judge your movie watching. My kids are just not old enough to distinguish between fantasy and fiction at their age and certainly not going to understand that witchcraft is actually practiced in this world. It’s such a fine line that I don’t plan on crossing right now.
If you’re a Christian Mother or Father, I’d like to know what you think. I’d like to know how you explain this to your children and, more importantly, at what age did you introduce Harry Potter? Or did you at all?
Okay, so let’s get rid of all the seriousness for one second and let me ask the ULTIMATE question…. On July 15th, will you be watching Harry Potter or Winnie the Pooh? And don’t answer that question until you see the clip below (seriously, I think this will sway your opinion):
Did you change your mind? No? Okay, well check out ME (Yes, yours truly straight from Momma Findings) recording the voice of Piglet. This will CERTAINLY change your mind.
Winnie the Pooh hits theaters July 15th!! Get ready folks.
- Baytown Mom Heads to Hollywood!
- CARS 2 Prize Pack Giveaway!
- Wordless Wednesday: Latinas on the Red Carpet for CARS 2
- Hollywood Day 1: Meeting the Talent of Winnie the Pooh
- Toys News: CARS 2 Toys Hit Store Shelves
- Hollywood Day 2: Screening The Help Movie and Holding an Oscar
- Movie Talk: Who Do You Call in CARS 2?
- Momma Findings Records Piglet from the NEW Winnie the Pooh Movie
- Hollywood Day 3: Interviewing the CARS 2 Stars
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016