Yesterday, I slid my jeans on quite easily. I was, actually, pretty surprised because… well… I haven’t been doing anything much differently, yet it seems my waistline has decided to become best friends again. So, how did I lose weight? How is it that I haven’t been dieting, yet my pants fit better?
Well, it’s been SO hot here in the Houston area that all I want to do is drink water. Soda’s just aren’t cutting it for me and I’ve been guzzling the water like there’s no tomorrow. When I get tired of water, I throw in my new favorite Crystal Light Flavor, ENERGY Wild Strawberry. To my surprise, I’ve felt more hydrated, giving me the energy to do more exercise in the evenings. So, today I’m a bit encouraged and came up with 5 reasons to give up soda and take the Crystal Light Challenge.
1. It causes weight gain and obesity: I used to think, The cheeseburgers do more damage than sodas. But the last few weeks when I increased my water intake, I noticed a HUGE difference in my weight. Sodas really do contribute to weight gain.
2. Sodas cause dehydration: In Houston, it’s WAY hot. It’s just too easy to reach into the fridge for a nice cold soda, but it’s full of sugar and caffeine.. two ingredients that cause dehydration and just make you MORE thirsty.
3. It causes heartburn: So I’ve heard. I’m 30 years old and, you can ask my husband, have been battling HORRIBLE heartburn. I’ve taken all kinds of meds to tame it, but as soon as I limited my soda intake, the heartburn subsided. I’m no expert, but I’m thinking there’s truth to the statement that soda DOES cause heartburn.
4. It hurts your pocketbook: Seriously. We went out to eat and when I looked at the ticket, I saw my husband’s Dr. Peper was 2.79! For MAYBE 2 glasses! Wow. I could buy a whole 24 pack of bottled water for that price, on sale at the grocery store.
5. The alternatives REALLY are good: There are so many more options you can turn to besides coke. You have water (obviously), tea, 100% juice, and over 30 flavors of Crystal Light. Don’t believe me? Take on the Crystal Light Flavor Over Fizz Challenge to discover all the flavors!
Now through Friday, September 9, replace your diet soda with the refreshing flavor of Crystal Light and experience the difference all summer long. So, take the Challenge and embrace flavor over fizz, connect with Crystal Light on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/CrystalLight). By joining the movement, you will have a flavorful summer and even have the chance to win instant prizes daily while doing it.*
*No purchase necessary. Click here for the details http://bit.ly/l5LIA8
With more than 30 flavors of Crystal Light, including limited-edition Mocktails in Mojito, Appletini and Margarita flavors (Non-Alcohol), most with just 5 calories per serving, there is always a new flavor to try.
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Pink Lemonade
- Fruit Punch
- Raspberry Ice
- Cranberry Apple
- White Grape
- Strawberry Orange Banana
- Strawberry Kiwi
- Iced Tea
- Peach Iced Tea
- Raspberry Iced Tea
- Decaffeinated Iced Tea
- ENERGY Wild Strawberry
- ENERGY Peach Mango
- ENERGY Grape
These are just a FEW of the flavors of Crystal Light you can find at your local grocery store. Look for more in the PURE and ENHANCED Flavor line. Prices vary. You can find all Crystal Light Flavors online at Amazon.com
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016