When my oldest child, who’s 9-yrs-old now, was toddler, his hair grew SO fast. When we finally decided to take him in for his first haircut, it was a disaster. He cried. He screamed. He had NO idea why a woman with a pair of scissors was going after his precious little head. Even when he was a preschooler, the fear continued, especially when the clippers were introduced. Why should a kids haircut be so stressful? Snip-its Kids Salon aims to prove it doesn’t.
With life-size characters, music and games, Snip-its has turned what was once a tedious chore of getting your child’s hair cut, into an amazing adventure, filled with fun, games and excitement and NOW they are open in Houston!
Snip-its is an innovative hair care and branded entertainment concept designed specifically for kids. With its colorful salons, custom cast of animated cartoon characters, interactive computer game Play Stations, the ‘Magic Box’ and a complete line of hair care products specially formulated just for kids, Snip-its has changed the dynamic of children’s hairdressing, turning what has been considered a traditionally mundane and often unpleasant experience into a fun-filled, animated adventure.
Upon entering the salon, parents and children step into a magical cartoon world of adventure characterized by floor-to-ceiling cartoon murals and splashy vibrant colors. In the waiting area, they can enjoy the Snip-its show, featuring a whimsical cast of cartoon characters; play with toys; or browse the retail space filled with selections of natural hair care products, specialty toys and gifts, and hair and fashion accessories.
|Snip-its Kids Shampoo and Conditioner has been a LIFE saver for my daughter after swimming.|
Each cutting station includes a special chair for parents to sit close at hand, and an entertainment station featuring custom computer games and activities for the little ones. Upon completion of the haircut, children insert a lock of hair into the “Snip-its Magic Box” for a prize.
Snip-its Rice Village also offers a “baby’s first haircut” package, which includes a special keepsake for that first lock of hair, a first haircut certificate, and a commemorative photo and holder.
In addition to hair care, the Rice Village location will offer spa services, such as mini-manicures, mini- pedicures and mini-facials using non-toxic, kid-friendly cosmetics and nail polish; birthday parties; and events. For birthday parties, children will be able to select from one of five fun-filled-themes, including:
- Glamour Party – The birthday child and special guests glam it up in feathers, sequins and sparkles, then strut their stuff down our “catwalk” with their new party hair style, make-up and nails.
- Spa Party – Pampered is the key word here. The birthday child and guests wear pink VIP robes for an afternoon of cucumber facials, mini manicures and/or mini pedicures.
- Hollywood Party – This is for the little star who belongs on the red carpet. After the birthday child and his/her entourage get their movie-star makeover with a party hair style, make-up, nails and wardrobe, they take a walk down the red carpet while surrounded by paparazzi.
- Rock Star Party – Kids dreaming of becoming the next Hannah Montana or Justin Bieber will love this party theme, which includes getting the “rock-star treatment” of a funky hairstyle, make-up, nails and accessories. The little Rock Star then jams to karaoke tunes with his/her biggest fans.
- Slumber Jam Party – It’s a pretend sleepover! The birthday girl and friends get to wear their pajamas for this party, held after-hours at the salon, while they do each other’s makeup and nails. Of course, dancing and singing are part of the “sleepover” fun.
All parties include invitations, birthday cake, favors, and a special gift for the birthday child.
You can find the NEW Snip-its location in Rice Village on the corner of Kirby and Rice Blvd, across the street from Buffalo Wild Wings.
2522 Rice Boulevard
Houston, TX 77005
Monday-Friday 10am – 6pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Sunday 11am – 4pm
Momma Findings Discount:
We’ve partnered with Snip-its to bring all of our Houston Readers a discount at the Rice Village Location. Print this Snip-its coupon and bring on your next visit for a $10.00 haircut. Expires 7/31/11.
Having trouble seeing the coupon to print? Click here to view Snip-its coupon.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016