After today, we officially have three more days of school. I tell ya, our School Year has gone by SUPER fast. We’re kicking off our Summer with a small end of the year party for my kids and their friends to encourage them to participate in a Summer Reading program. This is all sponsored by PBS Kids and iVillage so our goodie bags are JAM PACKED with fun books to read. One particular series my daughter is DYING to get her hands on are Megan McDonald’s Judy Moody series. In fact, she BEGGED me to buy her all the Judy Moody books. She’s my little bookworm and I love every bit of it!
For all the Judy Moody fans out there, you’ll be excited to know that now this beloved character is hitting the big screen to kick of the Not So Bummer Summer!! Yes, on June 10th Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer will have kids seeking thrill points of their own…. which is kind of scary for me, but hey, we all need a little thrill now and again. In fact, my thrill points will come in the form of red carpet and Owen Wilson.
About Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer:
When her best-laid plans for a summer full of fun go comically awry, an imaginative young girl creates her own vacation adventures in Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer. Based on the beloved, bestselling book series by Megan McDonald, Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer is an irresistible and delightfully funny treat for adventure-loving kids and adults. This summer, third grader Judy Moody is planning the most super-duper, double-rare summer vacation ever with best friends Rocky and Amy. Except that it turns out Rocky is going to circus camp to learn to tame lions, and Amy is headed off to Borneo with her mom to save a lost tribe while Judy stays home with her pesky little brother Stink and second-best friend Frank Pearl.Just when she thinks things are as rotten as they can be, her parents announce that they will be going to California and Judy will have to stay behind with her Aunt Opal, who she’s never even met! It looks like Judy’s best summer ever has just become her way worst summer ever.But feisty, fearless and ever-funny Judy Moody never gives up! With help from some unexpected sources, she’s headed for a summer full of surprises in this charming and spirited family film. Get ready, get set, get MOODY!
The first time we saw the preview for Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer, my 7-yr-old daughter turned to me with big bug eyes and said, “MOM! We HAVE to see that.”
I don’t blame her for wanting to see it because she can relate to Judy Moody and this particular movie BIG TIME.
1. She has a pesky little brother. His name is Rudy. She just calls him Rude.
2. She has her own Aunt Opal, except she calls her Tia Mona.
3. Her Summer starts very soon.
4. She’s bummed out that her Momma gets to go to California and she doesn’t.
So, umm…. yeah. We’ll be treating her to Judy Moody the day it hits theaters.
Catch Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer in theaters June 10th!!
We are SO excited about this movie that we can’t contain ourselves. No. Really. We’re bursting with ways to talk about reading and how fun it can be. The new Judy Moody movie helps us to do that and the chance to give one of you guys a Kids Night Out: Dinner & A Movie package that contains $50 of Fandango Movie Bucks and $50 Red Robin gift card.
Tell me, in the comment section, what kind of thrill points do you have planned this Summer? Swimming with stingrays? Catching Bigfoot? I wanna know!
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following Momma Findings and Judy Moody Movie on Twitter then tweeting about this giveaway. Great tweet would be: @JudyMoody_Movie hits theaters 6/10! @Sarann is giving away a movie night out http://bit.ly/lt7cbQ
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and the Judy Moody Facebook Page. Feel free to leave us a comment (not required, but it’s nice). We love wall comments!
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today May 27th – June 10th 2011 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED: Congrats to our winner Cataroo. Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016