With the Summer heat knocking on our door, I’m arming myself for the effects. I’m not talking hot leather seats in my SUV or higher electricity bills (although I’m prepping for that too). I’m talking skincare for kids. My daughter and, now my youngest son, suffer from eczema. My daughter’s is worse than my son’s, but nevertheless, when the heat rolls in so do the eczema flare ups.
There are a few things we’ve done, throughout the seasons, to combat eczema. We’ve cut down on bubble baths, use natural detergents and bath soap, use a humidifier during the Fall and Winter, and during the Summer? We rely on ointments that keep moisture in allowing for faster healing. Aquaphor is a trusted Brand when it comes to lotions, bathwash, and ointment for eczema in my family and, today, I want to let you guys in on what ELSE Aquaphor can do.
Advanced healing for dry, cracked, or irritated skin. Dermatologist & pediatrician recommended. Ideal for babies’ skin care needs. Restores smooth, healthy skin. Skin protectant.
1. Dry and Chapped Skin: As adults we know when our skin is dry, but in younger children we don’t, often, think that their skin needs nourishment as well. Aquaphor in the evenings can combat the dry skin that comes along with prolonged sun exposure or dry climates when traveling.
2. Cracked Hands and Feet: During the Summer time, my children are washing their hands five times more than they do at school, resulting in REALLY dry skin. Last year, my son had cracks in between his fingers from constant washing. Parents, kids are also wearing lots of flip flips or even going barefoot, resulting in hard calloused heels or possible dry cracks between their toes. Once a week, we spread Aquaphor on our feet, cover in socks, then head to bed.
3. Chapped Lips: We all know chapped lips mostly occur during the winter months, however, hours in the sun can do a number on your lips as well, in children especially. Going on a boat ride or water skiing? Windburn can do damage too. Aquaphor lip ointment works great after a long day out in the Summer elements.
4. Eczema: As I mentioned above, eczema flare-ups occur when the seasons change for us. In the Winter it’s usually an indoor effect due to the dry air and heat on in the house. In the Summer, however, it occurs when it’s hot and humid. We also have to deal with allergens and irritants in the air. Children who fight eczema usually flare up on “hot spots” like behind the legs, behind their neck, on the belly/chest, or on the creaks of their arm/elbow. Before a flare up occurs use Aquaphor bathwash and lotion to prevent the breakout. If eczema spreads, use the ointment. We usually see results within 3 days and after a week? Our skin is healing quite nicely.
5. Minor Cuts and Burns: Do I even need to say how many MORE cuts and scrapes my children get during the Summer months than they do during the School Year? We’re constantly outside playing and scrapes just come with the territory. In addition, we often experience sun burn. That’s when fragrance-free, dye-free, preservative-free Aquaphor comes into play. It helps kids skin heal naturally without the antibiotics that irritate delicate skin and found in most first aid ointments. Bet you didn’t know that, huh? I sure didn’t.
Thanks to Aquaphor, we were able to “up” our supply of Aquaphor to help us fight the Summer Season, however, we were BIG fans before they sent us samples. We use LOTS of “Eczema Lotions” and treatments, but Aquaphor has, by far, been the best for my daughter and son both.
Aquaphor® Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo retails for $6.29 for 8.4fl oz, the Healing Ointment SPF 15 can be found for$7.99 for 3oz tube and $16.99 for 4oz jar, while the lip ointment retails for $7.99 for 3oz tube and $16.99 for 4oz jar. All can be found at your local grocery store or pharmacy. You can also find Aquaphor products on Amazon.com.
One lucky Momma Findings reader will win an Aquaphor Prize Pack that includes:
- Aquaphor® Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo
- Aquaphor® Baby Healing Ointment
- Aquaphor® Lip Repair
Tell me, in the comment section, what Summer skin conditions you battle with your children?
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following Momma Findings on Twitter then tweeting about this giveaway. Great tweet would be: @Sarann is giving away an #Aquaphor prize pack just in time for Summer http://bit.ly/iEEqV9
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and the Aquaphor Facebook Page. Feel free to leave us a comment (not required, but it’s nice). We love wall comments!
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today May 24th – June 6th 2011 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED: Congrats to AmyBabyYa. Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016