If you talk to parents today, you may hear how much they love a particular TV series because it calms their child down or helps educate them through preschool fundamentals. In that instance, the child is growing to love the characters and learning through the experiences they see on TV.
PBS Kids has always been great at providing quality content for my family. One particular show that’s been there since my oldest was young, is Caillou. The storyline follows a preschool aged boy as he grows up and learns about the world around him. My youngest son, still loves the show and is even more excited that Caillou toys can now be found to bring TV time into PLAY time.
(Ages 2 years and up)
Caillou Bath Time Vehicles. Assortment of 2 bath time wind-up vehicles with underwater motor including 2 figures: Caillou and Gilbert; Caillou and Rexy. Characters of TV series. Stimulates the imagination, creativity, motorricity and coordination. Little ones will love bath time even more with this fun activity.
Another toy we had the chance to try was:
Ages 3-5 years)
Caillou boy-doll of 36cm with head, hands and feet made of vinyl. Characters of TV series. Stimulates the imagination and creativity. Participates in the emotional development. Boys and girls alike will enjoy hanging out with their pal. Improve sociability and language.
I was a little skeptical of how the Caillou Doll would fair with my 4-yr-old son. I figured, if he didn’t like it, he would make a great addition as a little brother my daughter’s American Girl Dolls can play with. I was surprised to see that he took very well to the doll, even taking Caillou outside with him to ride his bike. The Doll itself is perfect for cuddling and easy to clean.
The Caillou Bath Time toy, I thought he’d love fared well too. My son thought it was so cool to wind up the toy and watch it sail across the bath water. The toy also helps young children with their motor skills and coordination, since you’re building the pieces on top of the boat.
As always, there are a few things I’d like to point out that you should be aware of:
1. My son asked for pajamas for the Caillou Doll. He thought it odd that Caillou doesn’t have any. It would be perfect if this new line of toys can offer outfits to purchase for the doll.
2. The bath time vehicle, although fun, has hit a dead end with us because the pieces can be easily lost (as they have in our house). Suggestion: Keep a storage space available for this toy, so that all pieces can be housed together avoiding the “bath time fit” when you can’t find it.
At the end of the day, Caillou has arrived in 3D here at our house through a product line of toys to increase my child’s imagination and creativity. I, for one, love character themed toys from our favorite preschool TV shows and this line delivers high quality toys to appease my 4 yr old.
You can find both the Caillou Bath Time Vehicle for $16.99 and Caillou Classic Doll for $29.99 at Toys R Us.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016