Spending a lot of time on Social Media Platforms, I can’t help but see tons of Tweets and Status Updates mentioning how horrible allergy season is this year. My poor husband battled it for over a month and as soon as his subsides, mine flares up. Being here in the Houston area the humidity and pollen collide to create a pocket of doom just ready to prey on my sensitive sinuses. Seriously.
So, one thing I like to keep on hand during Allergy Season (and during Cold & Flu Season) is a good box of facial tissue. If it’s not me, it’s usually my husband, but more so, it’s my kids. That runny nose never escapes us during Spring Allergies and Puffs has been a GREAT help.
Thanks to Puffs, I had the chance to try the Puffs Plus Lotion with a Scent of Vicks. Before I tell you what I thought I want to ask you, did you ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond? In one particular episode, Ray goes to the grocery store and sees that facial tissue with lotion was on sale so he bought boat loads of it. When he got home, Debra and the rest of his family told him that those facial tissues were on sale because nobody will buy them. Apparently, tissue with lotion is too greasy and doesn’t work very well.
So, having that little TV segment in my head, I wondered if Puffs with Lotion and Vicks actually work or if I’d be left with my husband telling me how dumb I am for even trying it.
But I tried them.
To be honest? Puffs with Lotion and a Scent of Vicks is better than I could have imagined! The small hint of menthol (or Vicks) helps clear my sinuses and soothes my senses. The lotion is just enough to help your sore nose. You know, like when your red is so red and so raw you cringe at the thought of blowing it? Yeah. Like that.
How to Prevent Allergens from Attacking:
I leave you with a few tips on keeping those allergies at bay.
- Minimize early outdoor playtime when pollen counts are highest and don’t play in freshly cut grass
- Keep your car and home windows closed and teach kids to wash their hands and faces after playing outside
- Teach your kids to blow their noses properly with Puffs Plus Lotion tissues since itchy, runny and stuffy noses are symptoms of allergies (tell them to blow as if they were blowing out a candle through their nose with their mouths closed…this visual definitely helps kids remember to blow gently which is key to the action)
Tell me, do you live in an allergy prone area? If so, how do you fight off allergens in your family?
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016