Today, I leave for a Blogger Event with, one of my favorite companies, H-E-B. If you’ve been around since January, you might know I’m among 10 Bloggers who represent their Beauty Blogger Panel. The perks are just beyond cool. We receive a “Beauty Pick” each month, review it, and then give you guys the chance to win it too. Not only that, but H-E-B has sent awesome surprise gifts, and now we’re off to meet with them to learn more about their Beauty Buyers, Products, and, hopefully, develop a business relationship to bring you guys more awesome stuff.
But here’s the deal. H-E-B didn’t earn my loyalty over night. I am a very picky Brand Advocate. You see me singing their praises all the time on Facebook, Twitter, and on this Blog. For me? Working with this Brand just fits. Why is that?
I learned two years ago that some Brands and some Bloggers just don’t mix. For example, I partnered and, eventually, hired on with a small Brand a few years ago, in the hopes to get my feet wet. I gave enormous amounts of my time to this company, helping create Social Media plans, writing for their blog, advocating for them on my blog and social circles, and later running their Twitter Account for them.
Why didn’t it work?
They didn’t take me seriously. My thoughts, my plans, my ideas were never put into place. Yeah, he told me they sounded good, but never gave me the resources to implement. This led to me resenting the hard work I had been putting in and, eventually, being left behind when BlogHer ’10 rolled around. Yes. They agreed to make a big splash there. They agreed to, not only send me, but attend themselves with a big team. They agreed to go forward with plans I felt would grow them in this Social Media Space, all to drag their feet and leave me standing wondering What just happened? I got a call stating, “Oh, BlogHer is sold out? Too bad. We don’t need it anyway.” *jaw dropped*
I tell you that story, because sometimes Brands work hand-in-hand with Bloggers. I’ve been chosen as an H-E-B Beauty Blogger and I’m totally not a Beauty or Fashion niche, but it works. It works because I see and experience H-E-B “The Brand” everyday. I shop there. My substantial amount of my family’s income is spent at this store for the purchase of groceries and household goods. I see this brand at work for me EACH time I walk in. Why do I love them? Besides the awesome gifts they send:
|My Valentine from H-E-B|
So, H-E-B? Why do I love them?
1. I never leave this grocery store wondering where my money went. They rock the sales, the combo locos, the in-store coupons, and the availability of the items I need and want for my family. They fit my budget. You guys remember my coffee shopping trip I whrrled?
2. Their store brand, plainly put, …. well, rocks. If we have a decision to buy a Name Brand or H-E-B brand item, we go with the store brand. The price is budget friendly and the quality is exceptional. In fact, we prefer their store brand food items more because they taste better than some other brands.
3. H-E-B Buddy. Need I say more? My children LOVE LOVE getting H-E-B buddy bucks at the check-out. They head over to the Buddy Buck machine and play for points or instant prizes. They also have items made specifically for H-E-B Buddy kids, like their new sun crackers and, my personal favorites, the H-E-B Buddy plates, bath cups, toothbrush, and toothpaste.
4. They speak my language and no I’m not talking about their Spanish speaking checkers (although they DO have quite a few of ’em). I’m talking their extensive variety of foods and spices for the Latino Family. I can find comino, nopales, y fideo all at the tips of my fingers. I’m Hispanic. I cook a lot of Mexican Food and H-E-B is the FIRST place I go to find the ingredients.
5. I save the best for last. The H-E-B staff. Oh. My. Gosh. I love them. I can’t say enough about the quality employees they have working for them. Their checkers, baggers, and managers are ALWAYS friendly and helpful asking to take out my groceries, handing my children buddy bucks, helping me find certain items, and easily taking my coupons (and you know I get a lot of awesome free item coupons from companies). They are a coupon friendly grocery store.
I need to tell you a short story about this company. The love I have for H-E-B was permanently stamped on me, when I got a call from their ASM a few nights ago. On my voice mail I heard the voice of Curtis. I know Curtis. He’s been my checker on countless occasions. He left a very friendly message stating they found my husband’s iPHONE outside in the grocery cart. One of the baggers, Salvador, turned it in. AN iPHONE folks. This trustworthy employee turned it in immediately and they wasted no time calling the last dialed number on his phone to get the phone back to it’s recipient (my very tired, just-got-home-from-work husband whom I asked to stop and pick up a few things).
So, yes, I am partnered with H-E-B through this blog, however, I really DO love this company. I really DO love what they stand for and the Texas pride they emulate throughout the store. If you see me praising how awesome they are… it’s because they really ARE awesome and they make me WANT to blog about them.
What say you bloggers? Are there any companies you just absolutely LOVE? Companies you’d freely advocate for whether or not you were partnered together in contract? You want to know another one of mine? Sea World San Antonio. They rock it too. It must be a Texas thing.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016