We’ve brought you the awesome world of Kung Zhu with our ultimate Kung Zhu party. We’ve brought you Random Acts of Zhu last year at Christmas as we donated 100 Zhu Zhu Pets to a local charity. Today, we bring you more exciting news from the Zhuniverse. Welcome ZhuZhu Puppies!
We had the chance to check out these sweet puppies and all they have to bring. Despite a minor set-back upon opening, we think these pets are going to be our favorite out of the ZhuZhu family, but I may eat my words once we check out ZhuZhu Babies. So, what did we think? What can you, as a family, expect out of the ZhuZhu Puppy breed?
Making their pawprint on the Zhu-niverse, these pups love to scamper and be pampered! Like traditional ZhuZhu Pets, each ZhuZhu Puppy has its own unique symbol on its back, which provides a clue to the pup’s personality and behavior. There are a variety of breeds in the ZhuZhu Puppies bunch, including a Husky, Shih Tzu, Yorkie, Dalmatian, Maltese and more!
Thanks to Mom Select, we had the chance to check out these VERY cool puppies and all they bring to families around the globe.
We were so excited to check out Zhu Zhu Puppies. In our package we found two puppies, Howser the Dalmation and Dakota the Husky, along with two playsets the Bark Park Playset and the Posh Puppy Playhouse.
Upon opening, we were a bit disappointed. My daughter opened her puppy and saw this:
My daughter and I were WAY disappointed, however, with a little bit of finagling, we got our puppy back together and was working perfectly. Really goes to show these puppies are out to take a beating and still go strong.
What we enjoyed most of all is the fact that the ZhuZhu Puppies are more personable. We have a dog. Most people we know have a dog, as opposed to a hamster. So, my children immediately took to them and held them as their very own pet. They even slept with them the night we got ’em.
The accessory sets, in my opinion, bring more to the imagination. They are cute dog parks and posh puppy sets that are fun and colorful. Another factor are the puppy outfits. We got the Strolling Day wear for our puppy and my daughter was so happy to be able to make this dog all her own.
ZhuZhu Puppies have quickly turned into our favorite toy, however, there are a few things we have to improve on.
1. Their names: My children felt conflicted. Each puppy have a given name. For example, the Dalmation’s name is Howser, however, my daughter felt it was a girl since it was purple and white and she wanted to change the name, but she stated, “Mom. I CAN’T change his name. It’s printed on the box.” I simply stated nothing is set in stone, but, to me, it stifles the children’s imaginations a bit.
2. Playsets: For the life of my children, they can not put together the sets on their own. To be honest, they are hard to put together and can get a bit confusing. I’ve spent countless hours putting the sets together for Kung Zhu and now ZhuZhu Puppies. I sure wish they’d make it easier on parents.
I’ve said this a few times already, however, ZhuZhu pets have made their way into my kid’s hearts and I think they are a wonderful addition to the ZhuZhu family. They also make for a great Birthday gift for families on a budget.
ZhuZhu puppies can be purchased at stores such as KMart, CVS, Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart. You can EVEN find ZhuZhu Puppies at Amazon for the suggested retail price of $15.00.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016