When I can’t decide what to cook for dinner, I usually end up in front of the pantry, hoping the magic recipe fairy will come out and just TELL me what to do with what I have. That rarely happens. So, I do the next best thing. I text my friend Gloria: I’ve got zero ideas for dinner tonight. Help.
She usually does great giving me step-by-step instructions and I look like the hero by the end of the night. My other go-to helper BESIDES Gloria? Easy Grilled & Ready Chicken from Tyson. It has seriously saved me the last few nights, as I pull my hair out from preparing for my two trips coming up. Have you tried them?
Tyson® Grilled & Ready™ Frozen Chicken Breast Fillets and Grilled & Ready Frozen and Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips are fully cooked and perfectly portioned for your favorite recipes, hot or cold. They’re a delicious, healthy addition to salads, sauces, and soups. These tender and juicy fillets and strips make it easy to add variety to party appetizers or dinner. They’re everything you love about fresh chicken, ready in half the time.
What We Love About ‘Em:
- Perfect for Lighter Dishes: Tyson® Grilled & Ready Frozen Whole Breast Fillets and Frozen and Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips are 98% fat free and contain no preservatives, making them a delicious and smart way to make eating right part of your routine.
- Easy to Prepare: Tyson® Grilled & Ready Frozen Whole Breast Fillets and Frozen and Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips are fully-cooked and perfectly-portioned, offering a lean protein solution for your favorite light dishes, hot or cold. Ready in just minutes and with their convenient packaging, you can use what you need to create delicious and smart meals in minutes, and the rest stays fresh for the next quick-fix meal.
- Tender in Minutes: Tyson® Grilled & Ready Frozen Whole Breast Fillets and Chicken Breast Strips are tender and juicy right out of the microwave—for perfectly-cooked grilled chicken in just minutes without having to turn on the grill!
- Fresh and Ready: Tyson® Grilled & Ready Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips are the perfect addition for a healthy meal on-the-go. Fresh straight from the refrigerator, they provide the perfect lean protein addition to any entrée, salad or sandwich with minimal prep time.
I’m all about quick and easy cooking. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but between 4-6pm it’s “witching hour”. Kids are tired. Kids are hungry. Kids are whiny. The Dog is barking. The little one is crying. The phone is ringing. It’s non stop and so stressful sometimes. So, I like easy recipes and easy preparation. Tyson Grilled Chicken is a great solution if you’re strapped for time. I cooked up this awesome soup last week in no time!
– 1 package Tyson Grilled & Ready Refrigerated Fully Cooked Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips or 1 1/4 cups Tyson Grilled & Ready Frozen Fully Cooked Southwest Chicken Breast Strips, thawed.
– 1 can Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
– 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
– 1 can corn, drained
– 1 cup chunky salsa
– 2 cups water
– 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
– 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Combine both cans of tomatoes and juice, corn, salsa and water together in large saucepan.
2. Cut chicken strips into pieces and add to pan.
3. Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle soup into individual bowls. Top with tortilla chips and cheese. Serve with a tossed salad.
Just so you know, I’m really REALLY picky about my chicken. I don’t like fatty or dark meat. I like my chicken to be very lean. Suggestion: If you’re like me the Chicken Strips or Breasts are PERFECT. The fajita chicken strips weren’t. The bag I tried was filled with dark meat, some a little fatty like. Just FYI. You can use the regular Tyson grilled strips and season yourself for the same effect.
At the end of the day, the Chicken Tortilla soup is before for a fast dinner fix and it was VERY filling. The Tyson chicken breast trips cut my cooking time in half and SO easy to make.
You can find Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken in your grocers freezer aisle for the suggested retail price of $9.99. For more information on Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken, visit GrilledAndReady.com. DEAL ALERT: I found our Tyson Grilled & Ready Strips at our local H-E-B for $7.98.
Tell me guys, what’s your go-to staple when you’re running low in time in the kitchen?
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016