When you’re a Parent to an infant, you pay your dues, being the sole person that bathes that child until he or she is rendered responsible enough to do it themselves. So, let me just say this, “I’ve paid my dues.”
We’re at the stage, where all my children can bath or shower on there own without the help from me or their Dad. It’s a point that seemed so far away just a few years ago and, I feel, a milestone worth celebrating. Once you DO get to the point where I am, however, you face a WHOLE array of problems…. Are they really getting clean? How is it that my child SAID he showered, yet his hair isn’t even wet? Why is the bottle of shower gel that I JUST bought already empty? What gives?
I’ve discovered the perfect solution to the bath time chaos. It’s a sponge. It’s shower gel. It’s a sponge with shower gel infused in it! How genius is that?
In August 2004 Spongeables launched a new combination sponge and shower product called Spongeables. This innovative product takes the applicator sponge and gel soap of most shower gel systems and combines them with a glycerin and olive oil soap contained already in the sponge. The soap is released during showering and is claimed to last to up to 30 showers. Spongeables is offered in many different scents and can be cut into shapes for children, furthering its appeal.
Thanks to Spongeables, we received a HUGE box of different Spongeable products ranging between sponges for kids, men, women, and problem areas like cellulite and dry feet. I was in a spa like heaven.
So, I tried them. My husband tried them. My children tried them. Heck, we even gave some to our friends to try them. What did we like?
- Easy-To-Use: Gosh, these things are crazy easy. You simply take them out of the packaging, get them wet, and the shower gel just oozes right out.
- Variety: As I mentioned above, Spongeables makes different product geared to your needs. Mean, get “Manly Scents”. Women get “Girly Scents” and Kids get fun shapes and gentle formula.
- Long Lasting: The package says you can get up to 20 washes per sponge!
- Illuminates Gels: Spongeables makes traveling SO much easier, especially if you’re flying. No need to pack shower gels in bottles, avoiding leaks and/or breaching security at airports.
- Spa Like: Some of the sponges have two different sides, a soft side and an exfoliating side.
As much as we liked Spongeables, there are a few things I, personally, had issues with:
- Exfoliating Side: Each sponge in the Spongeables line is different, however, I found that the sponges that offered two different sides didn’t work for me. The exfoliating side was really rough on my skin and I definitely could imagine how it could be rough on a child’s skin. Think that’s why I like the Kids Products, they are all very soft.
- Variables: Each box mentions that it’s good for 20+ washes. I found this true for myself, however, it was not at all true for my husband and children. They probably got about 10-15 washes.
At the end of my chaotic work-at-home day, Spongeables have been a lifesaver. My kids seem to be taking quicker showers and I’m not finding empty bottles of shower gel or messes. For me, it’s shaved off the time I spend in the shower. Spongeables are the perfection solution for busy families like mine. They EVEN make them for Dogs! What an easy way to give a dog a bath!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016