As a young mother with a baby, I was meticulous in caring for my children. I made sure they were healthy with well check-ups. We were up to date with their immunizations and I monitored everything they ate and drank. Today, however, I have children who have grown and developed a mind of their own (the NERVE of them!) and making sure they’re eating healthy has become quite the task.
It’s amazing to see my children’s weight fluctuate as they go through growth spurts and feeding them vitamin rich food is top on my priority list. That’s why rely on Big G Cereals to give us the Whole Grain they need each morning before school.
Whole grain cereals use the entire grain seed of wheat, rye, rice, barley, corn, or oats without milling out the bran and germ. “Whole grain” means it’s the complete grain, including the bran, the germ and the endosperm. The health benefits of whole grain come from those three components working together in their natural proportions. Every General Mills Big G cereal contains at least 8 grams of whole grain per serving, and more than 20 General Mills cereals deliver 16 grams or more.
5 Ways to Incorporate Whole Grain Into Your Child’s Diet:
1. Offer fun cereals made with whole grain, like Honey Nut Cheerios or Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
2. Pancakes, waffles, muffins, or cookies are still delicious when you use whole wheat flour or oat flour for up to half the flour in the recipe.
3. Use crumbs from crackers or bread made with whole grain for meatloaf, hamburgers, or stuffing.
4. Rolled oats or crushed, unsweetened cereal made with whole grain are delicious breading for chicken, fish, veal cutlets, or eggplant Parmesan.
5. Stir barley, brown rice or bulgur wheat into soups, stews, casseroles, and stir-fries.
How To Find Whole Grain Foods:
To be sure the other foods you are choosing have the healthy whole grain you need, just follow two easy rules. One, Look for a whole grain symbol like the big white check on Big G cereals or the Whole Grain Stamp developed by the Whole Grains Council. Two, Scan the ingredient list and choose foods that list a whole grain near the top of the list
Visit www.WholeGrainNation.com for more tips, additional information about the benefits of Whole Grain and how Big G cereals can be a convenient and tasty way to incorporate more whole grain into your day.
Thanks to My Blog Spark, we’ve had a kick start to our diet by monitoring our steps walked each day, eating whole grain cereals, and doing fun exercises together as a family, like jump roping. Making little changes can go a long way.
Look for Big G Cereals with Whole Grain at your local grocery store in the cereal aisle. Prices Vary.
We want to help you fulfill your healthy living goals here at Momma Findings. Thanks to My Blog Spark, one lucky reader will win a Big G Whole Grain Prize Pack that includes:
- VIP coupon for one Big G cereal
- Cereal on-the-go bowl
- Lunch bag
- Walking enthusiast kit
- Digital jump rope.
Tell me, in the comment section, Which of your favorite Big G cereals do you like to start your day off with?
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you blog your answer above. Please link to this post AND the Whole Grain Nation Website.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on Twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. You must have at least 100 followers to be eligible for these entries. A great Tweet would be: @Sarann and #MyBlogSpark want to help u fulfill your healthy living goals. #Win a Whole Grain Prize Pack http://bit.ly/hGteX3
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page. Go ahead and comment once you get there! We love wall comments!
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today March 7th – 15th 2010, 11:59 CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner Denise S. who likes to start her day of with Honey Nut Cheerios! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016