I’ve done some PURDY crazy things for love. Let’s see move 900 miles away from the only home I’ve ever known. That’s kinda crazy. Wash loads of laundry, stay home with three young children and cook and clean till my hands fall off. That’s REALLY crazy, right?
All kidding aside, people will do CRAZY things for love, especially a love that everyone tells them they can’t have. Romeo and Juliet is the classic story of this kind of forbidden love and now Disney has re-created this story in the new animated film Gnomeo & Juliet, which hits theaters February 11th 2011 in 3D. We’ve got a press screening next weekend, so you KNOW we’ll be letting you in on our take of the movie, but in the mean time? I’ve got a little sneak peek of Gnomeo & Juliet along with a fun giveaway.. because we ALL know I love giving you guys free stuff!
The greatest love story ever told, starring…garden gnomes? In the upcoming “Gnomeo & Juliet,” Shakespeare’s revered tale gets a comical, off-the-wall makeover. Directed by Kelly Asbury (“Shrek 2”) and showcasing both classic and original songs by Elton John, the film features the voices of James McAvoy and Emily Blunt as Gnomeo and Juliet, who have as many obstacles to overcome as their quasi namesakes when they are caught up in a feud between neighbors. But with plastic pink flamingos and thrilling lawnmower races in the mix, can this young couple find lasting happiness?
When will Gnomeo & Juliet be in theaters? February 11th folks!! Mark your calendars.
The kids and I are anxious to check out Gnomeo & Juliet. So much so, that we’re giving a prize pack away to 2 lucky readers. In this prize pack will be:
- Gnomeo & Juliet t-shirt: You can choose between either red or blue and youth sizes S, M, L, XL.
- Gnomeo & Juliet one-size fits all beanie: Your choice of red or blue
- Gnomeo & Juliet mini-notebook: Shaped like a Gnome hat (front cover is red, back cover is blue)
Gnomeo and Juliet is a story about what people will do for love. I want this to be fun. So, Tell me one crazy thing you’ve done or would consider doing for love.
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you blog your answer above. Please link to this post AND the Official Gnomeo & Juliet Website.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both myself AND Disney Animation on Twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. You must have at least 100 followers to be eligible for these entries. A great Tweet would be: What have you done for love? Tell @Sarann and #win a @DisneyAnimation Gnomeo&Juliet Prize Pack (add link here). You an also click that little ReTweet button at the bottom of the post to make it a little easier.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page AND the Gnomeo & Juliet Facebook Page. Go ahead and comment once you get there! We love wall comments!
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today January 29th – February 11th (Opening Day!) 2011, 11:59 CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winners Amy and Diane. Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize. Congrats!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016