Just this week, Nintendo announced all the juicy details regarding the much anticipated gaming console Nintendo 3DS. Yes. It’s here. It’s 3D. I hear it’s wickedly sweet.
I feel like a late comer to this Nintendo announcement, just learning of the console yesterday morning on a short conference call. No. I don’t have it. No I haven’t seen it first hand, BUT I’m here to let all of you guys what I DO know about. As I hear more details regarding the system, I’ll hopefully bring you guys my take on the console come Spring and if you know me, I work exceptionally hard to bring you exclusive giveaways with all things related to family friendly gaming. So, the Nintendo 3DS. What is it? What is it all about? What games can you play? Most importantly, how much does this sucker cost?
Introducing the Nintendo 3DS system. Experience incredible gameplay featuring real 3D graphics, with no need for special glasses. Nintendo 3DS is a breakthrough in portable entertainment, a truly cutting-edge piece of hardware. It has to be seen to be believed.
- Nintendo 3DS offers a new way to play, 3D without the need for special glasses
- Play 3D games, take 3D pictures, and watch 3D videos with Nintendo 3DS
- Connect to a deeper wireless experience with SpotPass™ and StreetPass™, giving you more exclusive content and connecting you with other Nintendo 3DS users
- Complete with an adjustable stylus, 6 AR cards, and fun built-in software such as Face Raiders™, Nintendo 3DS Sound, and the Mii Maker™ application
- The 3D depth slider lets your determine how much 3D you want to see
Nintendo 3DS Game Lineup:
The first thing I heard my children say when I showed them the new Nintendo 3DS was, “WHOA! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SERIOUS?! 3D?! How is that even possible?” It is my friends and Nintendo proves it.
The second thing I heard from them was, “What games can you play on the Nintendo 3DS?” Well, I don’t know, let’s take a look:
In addition to all the newly released games, players will also be able to play their old DS games, however, the 3D will need to be shut off to do so. The slider on the side makes that easy to do.
I haven’t had a chance to test the Nintendo 3DS, however, I’m hoping that opportunity comes through before they hit stores, but after talking to a few of my gaming experts via email and over the phone, I learned that the Nintendo 3DS will only hold a 3-5 hour long battery charge.
Here’s the good news. If you turn the 3D off, you reap a longer game playing experience up to 8 hours.
You can Pre-Order Nintendo 3DS at Amazon.com for the suggested retail price of $249.99. If the price drops before the release date, Amazon ensures you receive that savings! One Per Household
To learn more about the Nintendo 3DS or to watch exclusive interviews and videos regarding the system head over to: www.nintendo.com/3ds
What do you think? Have you heard of the news before reading this? Will you be buying one this Spring?
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016