Thank you to TurboTax for sponsoring my writing about household finances. Learn more about how TurboTax can help you find every tax deduction you deserve. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.
When it comes to finance management in our home, I’m relieved to see that my husband is finally taking part. I mean, for years I was the only one who checked the account. The only one who paid the bills. Heck. I was the only one who knew the password to our online account. It was a responsibility I didn’t take lightly, but secretly wished he’d come on board for.
Today, things have changed thanks to a little thing called the iPhone App.
About 3 months ago, my husband and I took the leap from Verizon to AT&T. I know. I know. Verizon announced the iPhone this month and I’m beginning to think Sara you are an impatient idiot! We both got an iPhone 4 and slowly, but surely fell in love with our life through this phone.
– Need medical advice or a hospital? There’s an App for that.
– Need to make a grocery list and share it with your husband? There’s an App for that.
– Need to keep your toddler busy at the restaurant table? There are a MILLION Apps for that.
– Need to keep track of your 3-mile run and boastfully share on Twitter? There’s an App for that.
– Finally, need to pay bills, transfer money, or find an ATM? There IS an App for that.
Truth be told, I’m not familiar with any Mobile Banking Apps except Wells Fargo, because well.. we bank at Wells Fargo. Why would I know about any other bank? Der. All kidding aside, the Wells Fargo iPhone App has been so much help to us, while we’re on the go. I’ll even go as far to say that I use this App more than I do the actual Wells Fargo Website.
What Are Mobile Banking Apps?
The Wells Fargo app, for instance, is made specifically for your smartphone. They give you fast and free access to account information and use your phone’s built-in functions to provide a better banking experience and it’s FREE.
What Can You Do With the Wells Fargo App?
- Covered by our Online Security Guarantee
- View account balances
- View detailed transaction history
- Find ATMs and locations via GPS
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Pay bills with Bill Pay
- Transfer money to another Wells Fargo customer
- Shortcut to sign on from phone’s home screen
I downloaded the Wells Fargo App and one of my favorite features is the ATM Locator. The iPhone uses it’s GPS navigation technology to show you the closest bank and ATM near you. C’Mon. I know you’ve been in that situation where you WANT to find your bank’s ATM, so not to be charged those extra $2.00 for using another bank’s ATM.
Another thing I absolutely love is the fact that you can pay you bills in a flash. A few mornings ago, my husband tells me, “Oh hun. I forgot to mention. I paid the AT&T bill on my way home from work.”
So, how do you keep track of your family’s finances? Do you utilize new technologies like iPhone Apps? Or do you use traditional methods of banking to manage your family’s finances?
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016