On the 31st of this month, my husband weighs in for the “Biggest Loser” contest as his job. This contest is set every year, but since this is his first year with the company, it’s his first chance to participate. Spouses are encouraged to play along too for cash and prizes. How awesome is that?!
Before the news of this contest spread, my husband and I talked about transforming our family’s health. Operating with three small children, this would be a challenge, especially with the food allergies my youngest battles every day. Since I shop at H-E-B for all my groceries, I found it fit to take a look at their Healthy Recipes listed on the H-E-B website to inspire meal ideas. Without realizing it, I was saving recipes to my recipe box and making notes to my grocery list on my iPhone to try new recipes for a healthier life. The best part? H-E-B wants to reward you for doing it with their Eat Better Sweepstakes!
Join H-E-B in 2011, as they take simple steps toward being healthier —and you may just get rewarded in a huge way. It all starts with what you eat. So check out their new suite of Healthy Cooking Recipes on HEB.com, and add a handful of them to your online Recipe Box. For every recipe you add to your Recipe Box and every recipe review you complete in January, you’ll be entered in the Eat Better Sweepstakes.
Grand Prize: Free groceries for an entire year
First Prize: 5 will win Family Gym Memberships
How Does It Work?
To create a Recipe Box on HEB.com, you must have an online account. Once your account is created, find a Healthy Cooking Recipe that you’d like to whip up in the kitchen. Then on the recipe details page, simply click on “Save to Recipe Box”. To review a recipe, click “Review this recipe”, complete the review fields, review your comments and click submit.
The very first recipe I just had to try was the Pizza Stacks. This is a new, yet healthy, twist to your normal pizza. Check it out:
- 1 Tbsp. Hill Country Fare Canola Oil
- 1 lb. H-E-B Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 6 H-E-B Select Grilled Eggplant Slices
- 2/3 c. H-E-B Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 c. H-E-B Shredded Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 1/2 c. shredded zucchini squash
- 3 thin slices red onion, rings separated
- 6 green bell pepper round slices
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet pan with foil and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the canola oil, ground turkey and Italian seasoning and stir-fry the meat until it is browned (about 5 minutes). Set the cooked turkey in a small bowl.
- Place the 6 eggplant slices on the prepared baking sheet and spread on 1 Tablespoon tomato basil sauce. Layer 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheese, 2 Tablespoons cooked turkey, 1/4 cup shredded zucchini, 2 – 3 onion rings, a bell pepper round slice, 2 more Tablespoons cooked turkey, 1 Tablespoon spoon tomato basil sauce and 2 more Tablespoon shredded cheese over each egg plant slice.
- Bake the pizza stacks on the center oven rack for 12 minutes or until the cheese melts.
One lucky Momma Findings winner will receive a $25 H-E-B Gift Card to help you cook those pizza stacks I mentioned or any of the healthy recipes shown on the HEB website.
Check out the Eat Better Recipe page on the H-E-B website and leave me a comment mentioning which recipe you would love to whip up in your kitchen. I make it easy folks.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- FOUR EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page along with the HEB Facebook Page. Leave us a comment. We love ’em.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following HEB and Myself on Twitter, then tweeting about this giveaway. Great tweet would be: @Sarann has the scoop on the @HEB Eat Better Sweepstakes, #Win a $25 GC! (link) Folks you gotta include the ACTUAL link to this post in your tweet. It’s easy. It’s simple. It’s in the instructions. If ya don’t… well your extra entries aren’t anything but wasted tweets. Sorry..
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by blogging about your own healthy recipe for the New Year. Please link to this contest and H-E-B. Leave the URL in the comment section.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today January 17th – January 31st 2011 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner .laura! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
As an H-E-B Beauty Blogger I’m so excited to offer you guys chances to support my favorite grocery store. Don’t forget to check out our January Beauty Pick of the Month, sponsored by H-E-B, and enter to win L’Oreal Youth Code.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016