I’m a self-bonified geek, but I say that very proudly with my head held high. I love being Social Media Savvy. I enjoy everything about the internet and all the gadgets that make it easier to network. For instance, my iPhone has become my best friend. If Santa brings me an iPad, it may replace my husband. Just sayin’.
All kidding aside, my daughter sits, watches, and learns everything I do online,through writing, and wants to do it too. It warms my heart to know she’s learning to love what I do, but what excites me is the fact that Mattel, our favorite toy brand, is embracing a variety of careers for their long-standing, ever popular Barbie Dolls in their I Can Be… line. This year, her career path has gone a little “Geeky” and I love it! Computer Engineer Barbie has hit stores shelves for Christmas time, completely laid out with her very own laptop and cellphone. Have you read my Facebook profile in which I state… Everyone Loves a Geeky Girl? Barbie proves this true.
Barbie® I Can Be…™ dolls and accessories empower girls to play out different roles and “try on” fabulous careers, including computer engineer, the first Barbie® profession chosen by popular vote! Always a reflection of the times, this digital diva engineers the perfect geek-chic look, with hot pink accessories and sleek gadgets to match. The inspiring set also comes with a special code that unlocks career-themed content online, for even more digital play (how fitting)!
My husband and I were talking about the subject of reaching our dreams (even in our 30’s) and I mention to him, “I want my children to know that no dream is unreachable. I don’t want them to settle for a so-so job because of the small town we live in. I want them to be confident in themselves and keep dreaming and keep reaching over and over again.”
It sounds cheesy.
But I said that.
I believe that.
I have dreams of doing so much in the next few years and, it’s just now right before my 30th birthday, that I’m realizing Hey. I can reach these dreams.
That being said, I love that Mattel is using their most iconic influential figure, Barbie, to show girls they can be whatever they set their hearts to be. Toys like this gives them the confidence, us Parents, work so hard to build up as they mature into womanhood.
I guess you can say this post, this “review”, is about, more than the Barbie, but the fact that Brands and Parents can work together to, not only, give children an open door to dream, but have fun all at the same time. I want my children to dream about their future, but I don’t want to rush their childhood. Barbie does a great job at helping imaginations grow in a friendly environment.
Same proves true with Computer Engineer Barbie. She’s smart. She’s tech savvy and stylish all at the same time. If there wasn’t a label on the box, I’d almost peg her as one of those cool bloggers everyone keeps talking about.
Hey. I just call ’em as I see ’em. How fun would it be is there was a Blogger Barbie?!
As I look at Computer Engineer Barbie and all her 125+ Careers it makes ME, a 29-yr-old woman, want to dream more, reach more, live more. Imagine all the possibilities for young girls!
One lucky Momma Findings reader will win a Computer Engineer Barbie of their own!
Head over to Mattel and check out all the I Can Be… Barbie Dolls. Come back here and tell me which one you like the most, other than the Computer Engineer Barbie.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- FOUR EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” both the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page AND the Barbie Facebook Page. Go ahead and leave a comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both myself and Barbie on Twitter, then tweeting about this giveaway. You must have, at least, 100 followers to qualify for this option. Great tweet would be: Celebrate Barbie’s latest career. #Win Computer Engineer Barbie w/ @Sarann & @BarbieStyle at MommaFindings (link). NOTE: You must ACTUALLY include the link to this post, not the words INCLUDE LINK. C’mon guys. I hate having to type that, but the last few contests have been crazy like that.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today December 15th – December 21st 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner Kimberly with the comment, “I like the I Can Be… News Anchor Barbie. It’s cute and sends a good message.” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize Kim!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016