Hello from Oklahoma City, OK! We’re coming to you LIVE from Sooner City and if I had time to video my surroundings I’d, most definitely, be giving all of you guys a look into where we are, what we’re doing, and how spoiled we feel right now.
We decided to take an early Christmas Vacation to visit my husband’s side of the family and to tell you the truth? We may never leave. The kids love it here. The Hub Man loves it here and, quite frankly, I love it here, but all good times must come to an end and we’ll hit that freeway, come Monday, with screaming children all begging to stay. On this trip, there has been one, particular, sanity saver in the form of a USB disguised as an adorable pink monster. Yes, the Sesame Street Video USB is gaining popularity this Holiday Season among families and, with our 8-hour long Holiday Trip, I know exactly why.
Families can literally take their favorite Sesame Street character with them wherever they go, thanks to the new Sesame Street Video USB drive. Ideal for travel or at-home fun, these soft, character-themed memory drives will give little ones access to appropriate entertainment while on the go. The drives are waterproof, dustproof and drop proof – and you’ll never lose the “cap” to the drive because it is attached to the top.
- A full-length, character-themed educational movie — just plug it into your laptop, netbook or computer, and with one simple click toddlers are entertained on the road or at home!
- Direct access to the Sesame Street website.
- Memory capacity to store up to 400 songs, 400 photos or a virtually unlimited amount of written content — great storage for parents and kids alike!
Team Mom sent us a Sesame Street Video USB for kids to try and, at first, I thought When are we ever going to use this? That thought quickly dissipated when I started preparing for this trip. I don’t know if you’ve ever traveled for 8+ hours with three young children, all under the age of 8, but it’s a chore. On top of the clothes and essentials I started a list of things to keep them occupied in the car and when we arrive. Wanna know what we packed?
- iTouch: We have so many movies and games on that thing and, although we only have one for the kids to use, it was a must.
- Nintendo DSi: We’re down to only one DS in our family (two broke), but throw in games and headphones it would definitely help.
- V-Tech MobiGo: My 3-yr-old calls it “My DS”. With age appropriate games and the ability to put headphones on to drown out the sounds, it was another toy I threw in our bag.
- Nintendo Wii: I was told there wold be an extra TV the kids could use at our digs, so I was relieved knowing they can play games together AND stream Netflix Movies.
- Books: You can’t go wrong with books, right? Junie B. Jones has become quite the family member.
- Laptops: You could guess I’d try to get some work in, when I can, so I packed my laptop, along with my husband’s. My children could play online games, watch movies, and my 3-yr-old could plug his Sesame Street Abby Caddaby Video USB to take him straight to the Sesame Street website.
What I love about the Sesame Street Video USB, most of all, is that you have room to add movies and age-appropriate songs, you own, straight to the device. Why pack DVDs when you can just grab up your USB? In addition, you have an educational movie already on the device for easy watching. Once you plug in your USB, toddlers and preschoolers can easily press play without having to navigate through an extensive menu. They also have a one-touch access to the Sesame Street website to play games and watch more video clips of all their favorite characters.
I, secretly, hoped Team Mom would send over Abby in Wonderland, because I have a daughter named Abby and think she is the CUTEST Sesame Street Monster created, as of today. I was happy to see they did send my chosen character and I now have her to put my own photos and files once my preschooler outgrows it. The USB is water-proof, dust-proof, and drop-proof. I also like that you can easily clip to your child’s backpack or luggage on road trips.
In the end, the Sesame Street Video USB has become our Sanity Saver for this trip. With it’s embedded video and easy website acces, it’s going to get lots of use in our house. This would be a great Stocking Stuffer for tech savvy families too!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016