Yesterday, I looked in the mirror and asked myself, Did you shower today? My days have been so chaotic and I, honestly, could not remember if I had or hadn’t. Then I found the wet towel on the floor. Oh yeah. That’s right. I did shower. Now who’s going to pick that up?
I give you that little tidbit of humor from my day, because I know a lot of Moms are like me, going on little sleep, driving carpools, chaperoning field trips, feeding babies in the middle of the night (thank God I’m not there anymore), or… blogging. My days are always jam packed, so when I head to the grocery store, I want to get everything I need all in one stop. There’s no reason to drag a screaming 3-yr-old from store to store to store. So, I grab my groceries at H-E-B and shop their beauty section for items like Make-Up, Fragrances, Cleansers, Shampoo & Conditioner, and their NEW Styling tools, such as the HAI Hot Tunes Flat Iron.
H-E-B has it first! HAI Hot Tunes MP3 Styling Iron is the 1st professional styling iron with an internal MP3 player. The high quality nano ceramic tourmaline -infused 1 inch plates leave hair shiny and smooth. Plus, it holds 2 hours of music to listen to your favorite tunes while you style.
- Stylng iron has an internal MP3 player that holds 2 hours of music (256MB of memory)
- Drop n Drag MP4music files with USB connection included
- Premium quality speaker features bass and treble range
- Ceramic fusion technology plates with tourmaline produces silky smooth hair in less time
- 1 inch floating plates for best contact with hair
- Beveled edges for curling
- 9 foot swivel cord
- 1 year warranty
H-E-B wanted me to take a, first hand, look at these cool flat irons and I couldn’t resist. My hair is naturally curly, but at this stage in life (where I have little time to head to the salon), my hair is also very LONG. I don’t usually take the time to straighten it, but my 7-yr-old daughter is all about the “stylin’ of the hair”. I figured this would be perfect for her.
She could style her hair (or rather I could style her hair) and listen to Selena Gomez. I mean, she’s all the rage. Do you remember my daughter’s trip to the salon ALL to get a haircut just like Selena?
That being said, Moms often put their beauty needs behind everything else. Yesterday, I didn’t put on any make-up all because there was blogging to do and laundry to wash. Oh yeah, and feeding. I feed my family too. Sometimes. If they’re lucky.
There are a few things I, usually, do to make me feel confident and beautiful during the mundane day of a Stay-At-Home-Mom, or in my case a Work-At-Home-Mom.
1. Concealer: It’s your best friend girls. Seriously. I put a little under my eyes and it, instantly, brightens my tired face. Sleep deprivation has got NOTHING on me.
2. Blush: It takes about 10 seconds to glide that brush across your cheeks. Trust me. If I only have time to throw on one essential, this would be it.
3. Eye-Liner: I know a lot of people feel differently about this, but I, honestly, believe it’s because they MAY not know how to wear it. You don’t have to wear charcoal or black eye-liner. I usually go for a dark brown. It brings out your eyes and completely transforms you.
4. Hair: I have curly hair. So, I don’t usually blow dry or use a curling iron, however, I try to make time to have it curled to perfection (by air drying) and fixed. Heck. If all I’m going to see, most of the day, is a 3-yr-old and my FedEx guy, I’m going to feel pretty and ready to conquer the day.
5. Get Dressed: GOSH. This, by far, is my biggest tip. You have no idea how better you’ll feel if you get out of those sweats and/or pajamas. I love me some pajama time, but when the rest of the world is dressed for success, you can to. It doesn’t have to be a business suit, simply put on your favorite jeans and a cute trendy top.
6. Exercise: If you can’t muster the energy to get dressed, that’s when you know you need a kick in the butt. Make your self head out to the gym, take a walk around the neighborhood, or throw on a kick-but exercise Wii Game (I happen to like Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011). You’ll feel great afterwards.
7. Make Your Bed: This is where my OCD comes in. I have to have my bed made. If I don’t, my day is crap. If you have time for ONE thing, make your bed because at the end of the day, you’ll want to retreat to your own sanctuary and when your bed sheets are tangled with the comforter? It doesn’t make for a restful end to the day. Seriously. Skip making the kids bed and do yours first.
At the end of the day, I rely on H-E-B for all my beauty needs. I pick up my eye-liner and blush. I grab up bubble bath to relax at the end of the day, and even a deep conditioner for my hair while I rest in candlelight. Sounds like a cheesy movie scene, but a restful, long, hot, bubble bath, is my retreat from the chaotic day.
You can find all kinds of beauty items at H-E-B even the HAI Hot Tons Flat Iron in their Beauty Section for $119.99.
Thanks to H-E-B, one lucky Momma Findings reader will win the NEW HAI Hot Tunes Styling Iron.
Tell me, in the comment section, one beauty tip you’d give to Stay-At-Home-Moms.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- FOUR EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” both the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page AND H-E-B on Facebook. Go ahead and leave a comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both myself and H-E-B on Twitter, then tweeting about this giveaway. You must have, at least, 100 followers to qualify for this option. Great tweet would be: @HEB has all your beauty needs in stock, like the HAI Hot Tunes Flat Iron. #Win It w/ @Sarann (link). NOTE: You must ACTUALLY include the link to this post, not the words INCLUDE LINK. C’mon guys. I hate having to type that, but the last few contests have been crazy like that.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today December 9th – December 23rd 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Swtlilchick who gave us this beauty tip, “Argan oil helps revive damaged strands, resulting in sleek, healthy-looking hair.” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016