I love me some music, there’s no doubt about it. Growing up in Texas, I’ve been a long-time lover of Country Music, however, that’s not what I grew up on. I grew up listening to Spanish music. I mean, I AM Hispanic, so you probably aren’t surprised. Since moving around the country, I’ve discovered an array of musical inspiration. Everything from Jazz to Rock to Salsa and Mergengue and back to Contemporary Christian.
Yeah. I’m a lover of quite the eclectic mix. Last month, I discovered an Album by one of my favorite artists, Norah Jones. It’s her new … Featuring Album which spans Norah’s entire career and reveal her astonishing musical versatility, from jazz to country, hip-hop to rock. Right up my alley, right?
Norah Jones’ new album, …Featuring, is a star-studded collection of the multi-platinum selling, multi-Grammy Award winning singer’s musical collaborations from the past decade. The 18 songs on the album include cool cameos, collaborations and duets with such legends as Ray Charles, Willie Nelson, and Dolly Parton, and with 21st Century icons from OutKast to the Foo Fighters. The tracks on …Featuring span Norah’s entire career and reveal her astonishing musical versatility, from jazz to country, hip-hop to rock.
1. Love Me – The Little Willies
2. Virginia Moon – The Foo Fighters featuring Norah Jones
3. Turn Them – Sean Bones featuring Norah Jones
4. Baby It’s Cold Outside – Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones
5. Bull Rider – Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson
6. Ruler Of My Heart – Dirty Dozen Brass Band featuring Norah Jones
7. The Best Part – El Madmo
8. Take Off Your Cool – OutKast featuring Norah Jones
9. Life Is Better – Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones
10. Soon The New Day – Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones
11. Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John – Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones
12. Here We Go Again – Ray Charles featuring Norah Jones
13. Loretta – Norah Jones featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Dear John – Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones
15. Creepin’ In – Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton
16. Court & Spark – Herbie Hancock featuring Norah Jones
17. More Than This – Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones
18. Blue Bayou – Norah Jones featuring M. Ward
I have a hard time reviewing music albums and, often times, I feel that way about books and movies. I think each, individual, will listen and feel something different then the next. So, I’m doing something a little different. I took a handful of the songs on the album and just wrote down what it made me think of. I looked through the words, but with all Norah Jones albums, her voice is just one of the factors that moves me. The music behind the words speaks to me just as much.
To give you a feel of how these songs made me feel……..
Love Me: Romantic, sexy, scene in a movie while the couple cooks together in the kitchen. No joke.
Virginia Moon: Totally a girl in a coffee shop. A man notices her from across the room.
Turn Them: Leaving. I see a woman finding herself and the only way to do that is to leave the one she loves.
Baby It’s Cold Outside: Ah. Holidays. Memories
Bull Rider: Road Trip with the girls, windows down.
Ruler Of My Heart: Walking in a big city. Trying to forget about the passionate, yet, screwed up relationship that follows me.
The Best Part: Undercover lover. Sneaking around.
Take Off Your Cool: Sitting in the grass. Watching the water from the bay. Running to the one person you’ve never shown vulnerability to.
Life Is Better: Walking passed your Ex-Lover in a club. The music is making your heart pump. You hope they regret leaving you.
The album, itself, has really made me sit and make time to relax. It’s my little ounce of calm during the day. Actually, it’s a breath of fresh air, after a long day of work and it drowns out the loudness of the kids as I cook dinner. Highly recommend, for not only the “calm” factor, but just the fact that there are so many awesome artists to discover.
You can purchase Norah Jones … Featuring Album wherever music is sold for the suggested retail price of 18.99. DEAL ALERT: Amazon has it listed for $8.99
Thanks to One2One Network, one Momma Findings reader will win the …Featuring Album, just in time for stuffing those stockings!
The …Featuring album showcases an array of artists. Take a look at the tracks and tell me which artist is your favorite, other than Norah Jones. Not familiar with any of them? That’s okay, pick one you THINK you’d like.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- FOUR EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” both the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page AND the Norah Jones Facebook Page. Go ahead and leave a comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both me on Twitter, then tweeting about this giveaway. You must have, at least, 100 followers to qualify for this option. Great tweet would be: #Win the newest Norah Jones Album w/ @Sarann at MommaFindings (lilnk). NOTE: You must ACTUALLY include the link to this post, not the words INCLUDE LINK. C’mon guys. I hate having to type that, but the last few contests have been crazy like that.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today December 7th – December 14th 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Rebecca Graham with the comment, “I would pick Baby It’s Cold Outside – Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones.” It’s a good one! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016